Live from NOLA and NCL Breakaway - 3/12 thru 3/19 😀⚓️🕖☘️🍸

CTCruiser001

Just now, Shel71 said:

Just want to clarify this. I can skip the long lines and just go to the outdoor bar to get a drink and sit out there and be able to hear the music? 

The door between inside and outside is shut down and locked during the show. They have speakers outside playing the show from my understanding. 

• Like 2

Oi...Just saw two boys...Couldn't be older than 18 or 19 years old nursing Michelob Lights. Parents must have signed allowing them to drink beer and wine. They thought they were the hot s***...

I totally was ready to take them under my wing and teach them the ways, but the DW told me no.

Sorry boys...Fly free...

images.jpeg.925dbb5c279acd2605bec104fe58fde3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

The door between inside and outside is shut down and locked during the show. They have speakers outside playing the show from my understanding. 

Thank YOU!! That is great for a backup plan. I am hoping they may have TV monitors out there as well. 

Edited by Topdog52

8 hours ago, witchofthewastes said:

lucky! we'll be on the same cruise and we tried to get a spot at maya chan and they're booked solid. 

Oh wow. In that case I won't complain about the port times and I will just be happy that we were able to get in!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jcncamsdad said:

@CTCruiser001 I don't think anyone has asked yet, so sorry if I missed this question.  How is the internet service and what plan do you have?

BTW - Thanks so much for the live updates.  Me and the DW will be boarding on 4/2 so this is a great help. 

Internet is ficky. There are times I struggle to post because the page doesn't always fully load. But it generally works well enough. We've been able to communicate via messenger on the ship. We've also done some video chats with family back home. I expected more from Starlink, but it's working well enough. We have the Free at Sea Plus package, which among other things, gave us unlimited wifi access. Signing up was easy enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Internet is ficky. There are times I struggle to post because the page doesn't always fully load. But it generally works well enough. We've been able to communicate via messenger on the ship. We've also done some video chats with family back home. I expected more from Starlink, but it's working well enough. We have the Free at Sea Plus package, which among other things, gave us unlimited wifi access. Signing up was easy enough.

Is "ficky" =/> a)Fickle, b)Funky, c) Picky, d) Yup, all three of those ... OR, e) huh? 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

We found the same thing with the internet when we were on the Breakaway the week of February 5th.  I wanted to so a semi-live review and just wasn't able to get the internet to cooperate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SimplyAlbert said:

We found the same thing with the internet when we were on the Breakaway the week of February 5th.  I wanted to so a semi-live review and just wasn't able to get the internet to cooperate.

I discovered going into settings and clearing the browser's cache every few times you load pages helps a lot! It's annoying to keep having to do this, but doing this lets me continue posting live. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CTCruiser001 said:

I discovered going into settings and clearing the browser's cache every few times you load pages helps a lot! It's annoying to keep having to do this, but doing this lets me continue posting live. 👍🏼

Very strange, I just got two email messages from CC. - on for this post and one for number 273, asking me to write a review. I've never seen that before. Has anyone else received messages from CC liek that?

Sorry, CTCruiser, I didn't mean to steal your thunder, but the emails had your two posts attached.

• Like 1