All in beverages

ScottC4746

I am booked in a concierge stateroom on the Edge for Alaska in May 2024.  This is supposed to come with the drink package.  I went on X's website to see what shore excursions they have so far and wanted to upgrade my drink package to the premium.  I noticed it is offering the basic drink package at full price like I don't have one.  My questions are is this...

A) the TA fault when she booked it?

B) a glitch on X's end?

C) The fact that the cruise is 14 months out it will/should straighten itself out closer in?

Two things: the website always offers the drink packages for sale even if you already have one. So that's the good news. Now, you say your concierge stateroom "is supposed to come with the drink package." It doesn't unless you booked with an AI package. Did you?

Edited by RichYak

24 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I am booked in a concierge stateroom on the Edge for Alaska in May 2024.  This is supposed to come with the drink package.  I went on X's website to see what shore excursions they have so far and wanted to upgrade my drink package to the premium.  I noticed it is offering the basic drink package at full price like I don't have one.  My questions are is this...

A) the TA fault when she booked it?

B) a glitch on X's end?

C) The fact that the cruise is 14 months out it will/should straighten itself out closer in?

What does the booking confirmation from your travel agent show?

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

What does the booking confirmation from your travel agent show?

All In specifically ALLINCBOGO60 

Then I have an item TDP3-BEVCLINGRA7 which is a charge then TDP2-PROMO2C 7N which is a credit from the previous charge.

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Two things: the website always offers the drink packages for sale even if you already have one. So that's the good news. Now, you say your concierge stateroom "is supposed to come with the drink package." It doesn't unless you booked with an AI package. Did you?

Yes specifically ALL INC BOGO 60

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That says you have the Classic Beverage package.  If you want the premium package you just have to pay the upgrade price.  All passengers in the cabin have to upgrade now I believe.

Yes, but it is trying to charge the full price for the premium NOT an upgrade.

1 minute ago, long time lurker said:

This is a common problem when booking always included.  For whatever reason the cruise planner does not show the upgrade option. The easiest fix is to call Celebrity directly, or better yet, since you have a TA let them do it for you.  

Exactly why I am using a TA.  Last year trying to get hold of a personal cruise planner at X is a joke.  Left a message last March for my cruise last September and I am still waiting for a return call.

26 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Yes, but it is trying to charge the full price for the premium NOT an upgrade.

Doesn't seem to be offered in Cruise Planner.   I guess you have to call.   I believe if you are Elite or higher you get a discount as well.  You can also upgrade onboard but will probably be more $$.

It's totally B.

Just have your TA call to upgrade. You also can upgrade once on board (unless your are trying to apply a loyalty discount, in which case you must do so more than 48 hours ahead of boarding day).