Discovery Princess 1 Year Celebration???

MsSoCalCruiser

15 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I don;t believe so, as I don;t recall them celebrating 1 year anniversaries on any of the other ships within the Princess fleet.

They really should make it special.  I was onboard for her inaugural and I will be onboard for the 1 year cruise too.  Vegan birthday cake for all (dairy allergy)!  Maybe I’m just a little too excited for my cruise? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The Discovery Princess inaugural cruise was March 27, 2022 from the Port of LA. Do you think they’ll have any type of one year celebration or birthday party on the ship to celebrate the one year anniversary?  That would be fun. 😊😊😊

Didn't realize that!  We were on the inaugural last year, then the next Coastal b2b.  

We'll be on them in reverse order B2b in a couple weeks Coastal followed by Mexico March 25/ April 1 sailings.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Didn't realize that!  We were on the inaugural last year, then the next Coastal b2b.  

We'll be on them in reverse order B2b in a couple weeks Coastal followed by Mexico March 25/ April 1 sailings.

Then we were onboard with you on the inaugural and we will be onboard with you the 25th.  We should ask DuVaul to throw a party. We can sing Happy Birthday 😂.  I can’t wait! 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Then we were onboard with you on the inaugural and we will be onboard with you the 25th.  We should ask DuVaul to throw a party. We can sing Happy Birthday 😂.  I can’t wait! 

Bring your inaugural cruise certificate we all received as your proof. 😂

Have a great cruise! 😁

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Bring your inaugural cruise certificate we all received as your proof. 😂

Have a great cruise! 😁

What does the inaugural cruise certificate look like? When was it given to us? I don't remember receiving a certificate when we were on the inaugural cruise. The only thing I remember was on the second cruise (B2B) there was a cocktail party for the passengers who were on the inaugural cruise and the second cruise. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, phoebe2m said:

What does the inaugural cruise certificate look like? When was it given to us? I don't remember receiving a certificate when we were on the inaugural cruise. The only thing I remember was on the second cruise (B2B) there was a cocktail party for the passengers who were on the inaugural cruise and the second cruise. Thanks. 

It's at home so I don't have it with me but as I recall it was blue print & border on a lighter 8"x10" sheet of paper. As I recall from nearly a year ago it was put on our bed with the Patter one evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

Last formal night of the cruise, I believe it was the night of the Rock Opera show, according to our photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Embarkation night, we remember sitting in Princess Live watching the Oscars with live trivia during the commercial breaks (we won statues!), and seeing Will Smith do "the slap heard 'round the world".  The cruise staff was shocked, and we all thought it was staged until Will Smith starting dropping f bombs.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That’s a bummer.  I hope I like the new cast just as much.  I’ve told everybody how great the show is so I hope it meets their expectations. 

They are on their third cast, and we've seen all three. All excellent.

Third fly on/off guest tenor for Rock Opera also. First Dan, then Max, now Nick.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

They are on their third cast, and we've seen all three. All excellent.

Third fly on/off guest tenor for Rock Opera also. First Dan, then Max, now Nick.

Thank you.  Great news.  Do you remember what night they usually show Rock Opera? Is it the second formal night?