ItalyToursEU

FunnyNana

We’re doing a Mediterranean cruise in April/May 2023 and we’re wondering about booking tours with ItalyToursEU. 

NCL recommends that passengers are back onboard 1 hour prior to sailing. 
ItalyToursEU seem very reputable and guarantee to have us back in time to board before we sail.
If NCL advise that we’re in port for 8 hours and the duration of the tour is 7 - 8 hours, how does this work. 
Many thanks

Whenever we have questions about tours, we email the company directly and then have their documented response. You will see from reviews that tour companies will get you back to your ship in time - if not, they would not be able to keep booking cruise passengers. You should send an email and include the date with arrival and departure times and see what they suggest. They know from experience what your tour start and end times should be depending on the port. If we ever sent an email to a tour company and did not get a response, we would move on to a different company. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FunnyNana said:

If NCL advise that we’re in port for 8 hours and the duration of the tour is 7 - 8 hours, how does this work. 
Many thanks

Private tours in Europe are truly private, and flexible. They will work within the bounds of how much time you have and most of them (especially the ones that tend to be recommended over and over) are extremely reliable and good at what they do. Just don't try to cram too much into your day.

I took the Classic Amalfi Coast tour with this group last year and it reconfirmed to me that visited three places in an 8-hour tour with lunch is just too much. You end up with a day where much more time is spent riding in the van than actually experiencing the towns. 

• Like 2

I used this company for a Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento tour. I was concerned that we would be tight because we had to be back on the ship in Naples by 5 pm. We were able to do an Amalfi Coast drive to Positano but just stopped at an overlook for photos of Positano. The drive along the coast is really gorgeous and my nephew who road in the front of the minivan with the drive got a thrill. We had enough time in Sorrento for lunch and a brief stroll on our own. And we were met by a Pompeii Tour Guide and had about 2 hours there. It was a pleasant day and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Would I have like more time in all the paces we visited - of course but for a first visit and a taste it was fantastic.

• Like 2

I used them for all three stops in Italy and my stop in Villefranche.  I had no concerns after reading so many wonderful things about them on these boards.  It can be scary and confusing the first time because of all the unknowns.  When we used them in Salerno, I was so hoping time would allow us to make it to Positano, but the traffic was too bad and we had to go back.  They are in constant contact with others in the know regarding traffic. There are several threads on here about this tour company - 95% positive I would say. I'd book them anytime.

• Like 2