Royals Coffee Card Question

The reason why I am restarting this topic because the last one I read was old from June 2022 with answers from some that have never purchased this coffee card gave some clueless information. We are in 2023 and I would like to know if there are any changes as the Website still does not say that various coffees require 2 or 3 punch holes like the ice lattes etc.

Someone contacted guest services and the food and beverage manager was called and he would not budge and showing him what the website said. So this person simply gave the card back which is the right thing to do.

Another question to this is can you use this same card on other ships, looks like you can since theres no ship or cruise date on the card, its just a punch card. I dont want to assume anything and thats why I am asking here.

Anyone with experience using this Coffee Card on "various ships", please chine in on this topic.  Thank you very much.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred

I purchased the Coffee Select Card on the Radiance of the Seas in August 2022. The employees at the coffee bar were clear when I purchased it that any drink with extra shots of espresso would be more than 1 punch. I have access to the espresso machine in the Diamond Lunge but I only drink iced lattes so it was still worth it for me to purchase the card for triple shot iced lattes. I used the card up during my sailing so I cannot speak on whether it would be honored on other ships, but it did have the ship name and my room number on the card so YMMV, but I wouldn't expect another ship to honor it.

November 2021 Anthem windjammer said no when I produced a card from a pre COVID cruise.  I pushed back with the waiter and he said he would check, and he brought me a latte grudgingly, but I did get it.  I set it aside for a couple of cruises, not wanting to deal with it. But decide to try again on Radiance after reading an article in cc about you being able to carry them over cruise to cruise and word was going to be passed down to allow it.  Latitudes gave me no trouble at all on Radiance on January 30, 2023 cruise.  

• Like 1

It’s very much your mileage my vary. 

Some ships will try and refuse to accept a coffee card from another ship others won’t.

As for punches, generally 1 shot = 1 punch but how enforced is that? Depends. On odyssey one barista would do 1 punch per drink and one would do 1 per shot. Iced drinks are all grande so all double shots. Expect 1 punch per shot and if you get more then that’s a bonus.