Viking River Cruise: Pre Cruise package

ChrisB123

Dh and I have been on Sea Cruises and know the routine with luggage tags and medallions. Most is done on line now.  What can I expect from Viking? I've read everything from a Back Pack to other "goodies," but not sure where I read it.  Thank you. 

1 hour ago, ChrisB123 said:

Dh and I have been on Sea Cruises and know the routine with luggage tags and medallions. Most is done on line now.  What can I expect from Viking? I've read everything from a Back Pack to other "goodies," but not sure where I read it.  Thank you. 

Here's a good thread on the River Cruise board:

13 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

Viking has pretty much cut out everything except for the luggage tags.  And all "paper work" comes on line now.

Stan

• Thanks 1

What you get varies from year to year. In 10 years of river cruising Viking have never given a back, they used to give various small packs for passports, valuables etc, then a cloth bag that could also be used for an electronic tablet . Last year they didn't give these.

But they've always given bright red luggage tags.

Since we never used the various bags and wallets from Viking we didn't mind not getting them. The luggage tags are great for spotting your luggage on an airport carousal and we have them permantly on our cases.

They also send a self adhesive large badge for you to stick to your shirt so you can be identified by the Viking welcome team at the airport. Since they are all in bright red Viking clothes, carry red Viking clip boards and stand right outside the arrivals channel we've never had a problem spotting them, and the red tags on our cases identify us. So we do not wear the badge.

• Like 3