Koningsdam Alaska Cruise Cabin 8187 - good location?

CatR

First time on HA. First time on a cruise in almost 15 years!

I booked this particular cabin prior to researching.  I thought back of ship would not be as active.  We don't mind engine noise and neither of us gets sea sick (or haven't yet!). I've tried researching and can't really find much for this cabin location on the ship.

Should we be concerned about noise from the pool deck?  We are traveling end of August.

Also, is the balcony open so those above could look down onto the balcony or is there some type of overhang to offer privacy and protection from the weather.

Thank you!!

Deck 8 aft is my favorite location.  If you are in your room and something is spotted on the other side of the ship, you can run up one deck to view it.  You are under the Seaview Bar.  The only time I hear noise from above is when the pick up the chairs in the evening and put them back out in the morning but it was brief and not when I was trying to sleep.  Your verandah is covered, no problem with privacy and you will be somewhat protected from the wind and weather.

• Like 1

8187 is a connecting room (you will lose some wall space, probably not a noise issue)and under the Sea View pool and bar area (which may be a noise issue),  The good thing is you are near the Lido if that is where you plan to have your meals.   There is a website halfacts.com maintained by HAL cruisers which may be helpful in choosing a stateroom.

• Like 1

Oh another question! should I check the upgrade if available box for our cabin?  I watched on video where the person said it wasn't recommended but then another got a better room.  thanks again!

image.thumb.jpeg.769d5002904419965b9ae646393f4335.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7afe11bc5ea70431c29811a0ed8c1eb8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dcf3dcb96c1076b0d40fb94ba761008e.jpeg  We just got home from an 18 night RT to Hawaii in #8190 next door so your cabin will likely be a mirror image with all the furniture stacked against the opposite wall. Very quiet. Efficient Room Stewarts. Easy location for dining. Yes you are below the Aft Pool but I never heard anything or saw anyone. The only negative is the toilet is too close to the shower (you’ll understand what I mean). Mrs. SanDiegian used a scooter and we were able to leave it plugged in outside in the corridor. This end of the ship rocks if waves are blowing stronger from behind the moving ship which happened on our voyage during ‘Atmosheric Rivers’. image.thumb.jpeg.534364cb5510b2877e04a587ee08aeca.jpeg

• Like 1