Prima—Forward Facing Cabins

laudergayle

We just did an upgrade from regular balcony to forward facing club balcony on the Prima.  Tried searching for actual reviews/experiences on Prima forward facing cabins and didn’t find much.  I know @BirdTravelshad one in October but didn’t see Bird’s opinion on cabin in that review.

For those of you that have experienced Prima’s FF cabins, would love to hear your opinion on them.  Specifically:

1) on open seas how was the rock/roll being far forward,

2) did you find the “dark cabin” requirements easy to accept,

3) we don’t have a corner cabin, so total wind exposure…on sea days is it still possible to sit on the balcony (recognizing much depends on the conditions).  We’re doing NYC to Bermuda end of April.

4) did it feel like you walked forever to get from cabin to forward elevator?

Curious minds want to know how you rated the experience. Thanks!!

We were in a forward facing DLOS on Breakaway in the caribbean last march.  The balcony was unusable due to wind.  This march this relative windspeed was 32.5 knots.  I imagine the impact of the wind on Prima will be the same as on Breakaway.  BTW, the crew entered our cabin twice to lash the balcony furniture down to prevent it being blow overboard.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We were in a forward facing DLOS on Breakaway in the caribbean last march.  The balcony was unusable due to wind.  This march this relative windspeed was 32.5 knots.  I imagine the impact of the wind on Prima will be the same as on Breakaway.  BTW, the crew entered our cabin twice to lash the balcony furniture down to prevent it being blow overboard.  

Oh no…good news is we don’t really use the balcony too much.  I just think I need it for access to outside…a little claustrophobic lol.  Thanks for your insight. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Oh no…good news is we don’t really use the balcony too much.  I just think I need it for access to outside…a little claustrophobic lol.  Thanks for your insight. 

At least you spend quite a bit of time docked with no wind from the ship's motion.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

You'll be fine.  Wife and I are balcony people which is why we booked an aft facing suite on Prima for our next cruise.  The DLOS was in 2022.  It was such a shame the balcony was so good and the view was grand but it was like standing up in the back of a pickup being driven at 35 mph.  Last week we were back on Breakaway but in an aft facing haven suite. Magnificant balcony.  Huge, bigger than most staterooms.  Plenty of shade and almost no wind.  We loved it.  Of course it was 1000 foot walk to the Haven but we still managed to gain weight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, AJSL23 said:

@laudergayle - Did you end up staying in that FF cabin on Prima?  We have one booked for a transatlantic cruise coming up soon - 10102.  I'm getting a little nervous about the wind because we'd like to use our balcony.  Thanks!

We were in a FF cabin on Prima and the balcony was unusable! Way too windy while at sea (to the point that the crew had to come to tie all of the balcony furniture down) then blazing, non stop sun in ports (if you are either side of the ship at least you get a 50% chance of some shade while in port). Also, at the front, the movement is much more pronounced! We don't get sea sick but if you were sensitive, you wouldn't like it at all!