Early Saver Price Balcony Grade

roomba920

Does anyone know what the basic Standard Balcony Grade is for the Saver Price?

I booked a cruise this morning, but felt rushed. I'm used to booking myself online where I can study the cabin deck locations while doing so.

I prefer cabins that are mid-ship and in the mid section. When my agent told me the Saver cabins were guaranteed cabins that are not mid-ship, I considered paying more to choose my cabin, but the price difference didn't justify it IMO.

To compensate, my agent suggested a different grade than the basic Saver that was just $50 more pp.

However now that I've had the time to study the deck plans more, I'm not confident my agent steered me in the right direction.

This grade all seem to be forward, not mid-ship.

You need to specify which ship, since each will be different. However you can work this out yourself, if you check the deck plans and the type of cabin you intend booking, then the lowest priced cabin,  normally suffixed by H, in that grade will be the lead in fare, and the cabins will normally be the most forward and the lowest deck ones.

16 hours ago, roomba920 said:

I booked a cruise this morning, but felt rushed. I'm used to booking myself online where I can study the cabin deck locations while doing so.

I prefer cabins that are mid-ship and in the mid section. When my agent told me the Saver cabins were guaranteed cabins that are not mid-ship, I considered paying more to choose my cabin, but the price difference didn't justify it IMO.

To compensate, my agent suggested a different grade than the basic Saver that was just $50 more pp.

However now that I've had the time to study the deck plans more, I'm not confident my agent steered me in the right direction.

This grade all seem to be forward, not mid-ship.

As you say your agent persuaded you to pay an extra $50 it’s unluckily to be the lowest grade of guarantee balcony. Your conformation receipt should say what the grade you have booked a two letter code, if not ask what the Guarantee grade is. As has been said you can look these cabins up on the deck plan. As this is the guaranteed lowest grade of cabin, you may be given a higher grade one but you will not know until the last minute. A further problem may be that P&O’s idea of an upgrade may not be yours.

Edited by Bill Y

• Host Sharon changed the title to Early Saver Price Balcony Grade