From Yacht Club back to Bella! Is there any going back?! Live review MSC Virtuosa 17-24th March.

ConnieTact

12 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Not at all FamilyCruiserUK - it’s a pleasure to help! Here is the screenshot of the pin I dropped when we disembarked the shuttle bus. I hope this is helpful. It’s Baiilndamm. 
it was only five minutes walk to our Arts museum - very handy- and open on Sunday too! 

Miniatur-Wunderland is a 20-30 minutes walk from there.

• Thanks 1

Here’s a few shots from the more modern building opposite the main Kunsthalle building. There’s a cool cafe called Cube and lockers that take a €1 coin. Nice to not have to carry coats around! 
We’ve seen the modern art including Femme Fatale exhibition.  
Next stop the main building!

C903B3D0-6AAD-4F8F-BF17-BD8185C21660.jpeg

F6FAF4E3-5EC3-44E6-A53A-A05E277A04E5.jpeg

F117F0DA-F707-4D63-BF7C-9A4809BFA9EA.jpeg

B375C7A0-5CDA-48B8-9A32-328B7BD90EEC.jpeg

9A6FB016-B122-4BF2-BAC5-D7E0D8AE7B6C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

It’s a cruise tradition for me! I always pick some fresh flowers up and bring onboard. It cheers up any room & me too! 🌸

Thought MSC had got carried away lol. 

Seriously, though, I’d wondered if you’d pre-ordered them as part of a welcome package.  Lovely touch. 👍❤️

Loving all the photos. 

Worst part of European cruises is the drill on every embarkation day. 🥴

Edited by Beamafar

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Thought MSC had got carried away lol. 

Seriously, though, I’d wondered if you’d pre-ordered them as part of a welcome package.  Lovely touch. 👍❤️

No I never get challenged but often get lovely comments from staff such as “Oh! You shouldn’t have!” And the like! 😅😂

• Haha 1

Oh Please MSC! Please change the water bottles- I cannot open them for toffee! 😅

most people struggle- it’s not just me- honestly! 
has anyone else had this issue? I have to remember to ask servers to undo them! 

6A315FD6-989F-45A5-8624-E89C4274B237.jpeg

• Like 1

Okay! Time for a story!

This is why I didn’t get to the staff Talent Show yesterday!

Previously, I have read about people getting lost on these larger MSC ships and I came across this first hand yesterday as I was leaving my cabin to go to the lifts ready for the show.

A very distressed woman was panicking and clearly lost and upset. 
I reassured her I would help her and not to worry. I took her to the map on the wall and I pointed out she was on the wrong side of the ship and also the wrong end even though she had got in a set of lifts she mistakenly thought were the right ones.

I offered to walk her to her room but she told me she was unwell with emphysema and couldn’t walk that far. She panicked more now and said she had no phone to call her sister with whom she was travelling. I told her to come in my room, sit comfortably while I phoned the cabin from my cabin phone.

She did this and eventually we got through to another friend who I arranged to come and collect her.

I’m telling the tale because it may help others who come across similar dilemmas. It’s hard to think straight when panicking. Always handy to have your room number and any friends numbers with you. This can save the day!

or perhaps to take a photo of the deck plan and the floor you are on.

156F2BB4-F50E-46DB-B7C0-FC7289AE9C45.jpeg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Will have to see if they use the same ones on our sailing.  I don’t ever remember having a similar problem before. 

Or start practicing firming your hand grip before you board!! A daily workout should suffice! 😂

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:55 PM, heatherb1958 said:

In all our MSC cruises we have never had a problem changing our table even when on Bella experience but we like to eat early so maybe that helps . I immediately go and check on boarding day to see if we like the location  , politely speak with the Maitre D and ask for a change if available if we don't.  As  an aside I think it is funny that in MSC's current media promotions they are actually showing the table we sat at for a week last September on Virtuosa , a table for 2 by a round window with fabulous views 😆.  

Screenshot_20230317_220514_Chrome.jpg

Here’s our table! Almost next to the window! 

4542EF62-A135-4243-B634-386D2421F4FE.jpeg

• Like 1

At Beatles show now. I wish they did the first half last! Seemed to get slower and less danceable as the show went on! 😅 Glad I danced for the first half! 
fir the dancers and people with children….seats at far back are great as they have space for dancing without disturbing others! 
2FCB8E6D-207C-47E4-B260-3CBDC108D8A7.thumb.jpeg.9a0523e8ac4d52105ef93764f24e975e.jpeg

DAAF8D03-7B95-432F-94D6-9E2FFD3053E4.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

At Beatles show now. I wish they did the first half last! Seemed to get slower and less danceable as the show went on! 😅 Glad I danced for the first half! 
fir the dancers and people with children….seats at far back are great as they have space for dancing without disturbing others! 
2FCB8E6D-207C-47E4-B260-3CBDC108D8A7.thumb.jpeg.9a0523e8ac4d52105ef93764f24e975e.jpeg

DAAF8D03-7B95-432F-94D6-9E2FFD3053E4.jpeg

Hi CT

I was at the show tonight too and thoroughly enjoyed it🙂

Could have benefited from some electric guitar  and the order of songs could have made a more exciting ending. Fab night though 🙂🙂👍👍

• Like 1

Oh wow! Just at Masters of the Sea and the musician Dario, played a song of my favourite singer song writer, Paolo Nutini, and did it justice too!

I loved it!! Thanks MSC! Beatles and Paolo in one night- this is a heavenly cruise and Mother’s Day for me too! ❤️

24C44618-A867-44E3-921E-90FD4C3FBDFA.jpeg