St. Croix as a solo female?

Hydro ergo

Hi All,

Like others have said, I'm having a hard time finding any information about St. Croix.  I'm travelling as a solo female and trying to see if it's safe to just walk around the city a bit?  Would it be safe to take a cab ride (again, solo) to Rainbow Beach and then be there alone?  It sounds like that beach is pretty popular, but you just never know.  Having a hard time getting a "vibe" for St. Croix.  ANY information would be most appreciated!

thank you!

St Croix is perfectly civilized and safe, even though it it part of the US. 😁

As an aside, I travel solo all over the Caribbean, walking, touring, private excursions, taxis, city busses, beaches, etc. I simply walk with confidence, and don't carry the aura of a victim. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

St Croix is perfectly civilized and safe, even though it it part of the US. 😁

ha!  this was exactly my concern! 🤣

In all seriousness, thank you for the reply.  I do the same---appear confident and like I know where I am/what I'm doing and pay attention to your surroundings and you're usually just fine.  But I always like to check, just in case there is that "one part of town."

• Like 1

When a cruise ship is in town Rainbow Beach will have a lot of people. Perfectly safe, hundreds of fellow vacationers. It is a 1 mile taxi ride from the cruise pier. $5 each way. They use taxi vans, they'll fill a van with people and then go to the beach. The same for the return trip, you'll be in a shared taxi with a bunch of people. You just go out to the street and catch the next taxi. Rainbow beach has a bar/restaurant with public restrooms. There is a company that rents chairs and umbrellas.

• Like 1