Embarkation Time

yovinny

As far as I’m concerned, I always get there early, allowing time for something to go wrong.  So I would try to get an embarkation time of around 1 PM. I enjoy that first afternoon on the ship; we will sit down in the pool grill and have a nice quiet lunch and just watch everybody go by.

I am sure it lists some place the all aboard time, that would be the latest you could get on the ship.

• Like 1

Are you hoping to spend more time in Rome? If so I would get to the ship by about 4pm as the actual rather than virtual musters are being reintroduced and you must be there for that or you can't sail. Also remember it is a good 1.5 hours transfer time to Civitavecchia and probably longer depending on day and time of day.

Depending on the day and time, the traffic on the Rome to Civitavecchis route can be brutal. 

We've had it both ways.....a "zoom" and a "snails pace".

I like mj's take on enjoying that first day on the ship.....best people watching of the entire trip! haha!

• Like 2

yovinny: 

Ditto to above suggestions to allow plenty of time for transit from Rome to Civitavecchia.  This is assuming you are responsible for making arrangements.  

Have done this twice, both pre-COVID shutdown.  First was on our own, but coordinated with our TA who had also arranged a few days' prestay at a really-neat Rome hotel.  Anyways--our driver showed up, on-time.  We left the hotel around 1100H.  Traffic on that week-day was horrible just getting on the road to the Port.  Entire trip took almost 3 hours. Driver advised such was normal.  Still:  time for check-in and having a Pool Grill lunch.  

Second was with a group when on an extended visit to other Italian cities, with Rome being the last--before transit to our Regent ship for the cruise segment.  So, on a van with others also headed to the Port.  That segment took about 1.5 hours.  Mild traffic.  

Point being:  Arrival in plenty of time on both situations for lunch. Minimal stress.  

Out of an abundance of caution if you are doing your own arrangements, would encourage taking into account that there could be glitch.  Something so simple as a vehicle breakdown; or your driver not showing up on time.  Therefore, have a Plan B. 

Bottom Line: Get on the road by whatever conveyance NLT 1300H.  If so--do not plan on being onboard in time for an onboard lunch.

Your call.  

GOARMY!