What room on Pacific coast Sept cruise

Planning on Sept 27 from Vancouver to  Cal coast and return to Vancouver.   We always book a balcony but question if that is needed for this cruise.  First 4 sea days will probably be too cool to sit out and same with return trip. Also in ports till around 7 pm.  Any insight would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

I generally look for the biggest oceanview...

• balcony is great going under the Lion's Gate and Golden Gate
  • I found 70% of my September Pacific Coastal times to be very stormy to use the balcony

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 6:22 AM, xlxo said:

70% of my September Pacific Coastal times to be very stormy to use the balcony

Ooohhh! We're on a Celebrity, Vancouver to Los Angeles in late September. Just thinking about whether we booked the "best" side of the ship (we're currently on the starboard side). In your experience, which side do you like on a Pacific Coastal (we are just going south, though). Thanks.

25 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

Ooohhh! We're on a Celebrity, Vancouver to Los Angeles in late September. Just thinking about whether we booked the "best" side of the ship (we're currently on the starboard side). In your experience, which side do you like on a Pacific Coastal (we are just going south, though). Thanks.

You will be too far from the coast to see anything other than a faint smudge on the horizon, the vast majority of the time. By the way, southbound, port side faces land.

49 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

By the way, southbound, port side faces land.

Thanks! I did figure that out. 🙂 I'm curious when in port (Victoria, Seattle, Astoria, San Fran), if there is a way to know what side of the ship will be facing something exciting rather than just ocean.

31 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

Thanks! I did figure that out. 🙂 I'm curious when in port (Victoria, Seattle, Astoria, San Fran), if there is a way to know what side of the ship will be facing something exciting rather than just ocean.

That is up to the Captain. Either side of the ship can be to the dock. The view on both sides can be interesting in SF and Victoria. Seattle has pretty nice views if at Pier 66, not so much at Pier 91. Never been to Astoria. 

• Thanks 1