Greenland Charter Flights

Ozzibroad

We did one last August and went from Reykjavik to Kangerlussaq and back. Silversea put us up in a hotel in Reykjavik on the way out and back and the charter flight was included in our fare but we made our own way to and from Iceland.

Thanks  but the  have now  changed  their  charters  from London and  return. This  is fairly  new.

They seem to  be  changing a  lot of  things.I  have  just  been to Antarctica  where  instead  of  Ushuaia  they flew  their  charters to Port  Williams, Chile  instead of  Argentina. Closer to Antarctica  too.

On 3/18/2023 at 11:38 AM, Mocamps said:

We did one last August and went from Reykjavik to Kangerlussaq and back. Silversea put us up in a hotel in Reykjavik on the way out and back and the charter flight was included in our fare but we made our own way to and from Iceland.

I also did last August and we had the same itinerary. We arranged our own flights to Iceland and after that all was included in our fare. We wnet to Reykjavik to Kangerlussaq and back. Silversea hotel in Reykjavik was Hilton Nordica. 

Thankyou That was the  itinerary Thanks  but the  have now  changed  their  charters  from London and  return. This  is fairly  new.

They seem to  be  changing a  lot of  things.I  have  just  been to Antarctica  where  instead  of  Ushuaia  they flew  their  charters to Port  Williams, Chile  instead of  Argentina. Closer to Antarctica  too.

Thankyou.

That was the itinerary  when I  booked  but it has all changed [for teh  better I  think.It is  easier to get to London fo r us.]

They now  charter to Greenland from London.  It seems  that  they  have  not done these flights  yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou.

I  have cancelled  my cruise  in frustration.

I  needed to  know  what  London  airport and which  hotel  my  Greenland  package  included .I  was  informed  a week  ago.I wished to  arrange flights from  the same  airport  to Orkney and  do a  tour  there .Only  last week[after  months of  asking]  I  was  informed  it would be  Stanstead [of  course  no  flights to  Orkney from   there] and  the  hotel Radisson Blue  Stanstead. 

I  then  tried to  marry this with  a package  on Orkney and  found  nothing  available.

No wonder in  peak  season.

The  original  return  flight  Brisbane  to London   they informed me would be  Qatar at reasonable  departure  times  but after 3  months  they told me it was  a different airline departing  on  this  long flight at  0230  hours.

This is  meant to be a  relaxing  holiday so  I  refused.They then came  up with a  reasonable  schedule from  Singapore  Airlines which  they could have  given me in the first place.

Communication with  their flight department  must  be  through  the  agent. No direct contact allowed. Repeatedly  I  would  ask  more than  one  question  on flights etc  and  it would be  1-2  weeks to get an  answer then  only one question  answered. It would be  eg an  unsatisfactory  or  incomplete  piece of  information so I would  make a  furthur query and  again  have to wait  more than  a  week.Thus time  passed and  now  my  other tour options  have  disappeared and  I  am not  doing  gruelling air  flights for  only 9  days across the  world so have cancelled.

This  happened with my 3  cruises Guayaquil to Antarctica   last  year.I  ended up spending  13  1/2  hours in Santiago awaiting my connection. My frequent  flyer  number took  months and  multiple requests to be added and  I could not get into my flight schedule until this  happened, then I found  my  Business 2     internal flights had  been downgraded to Economy [no suggestion of  a refund]  and  there had been 6 schedule  changes including an  extra day  added

It took a  few more  weeks and   they came  up with LATAM  Premium Economy a flight which was  just economy seats  with an  empty  seat  between  three and  a bit more  leg  room. Awful food. [but could use the  Lounge- necessary with  11 /5 hour  scheduled  wait which  turned out to be 13 1/2  hours]

Unless they  can get  their  flight/hotel  bookings  more efficient  I will  not  be travelling with  them  again.I  cannot  understand  why  I am not able to speak  directly with  these people. Communication is  lik e Chinese  whispers.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Greenland Charter Flights