Arvia - some questions

Confused.com

Hi, wife and I going on our 1st ever cruise on Arvia on 2nd April (we're mid 50s) and we have a few questions 

1. Are fruit juices (apple, orange etc etc) available all day in the buffet restaurant or just for breakfast?

2. Are you allowed to carry around your own drinks bottle (plastic water bottle) around the ship, eg poolside etc?

3. Can you ask your room maid to get you a bath robe for when you walk between your cabin and the pool areas? Or are they only available in the retreat?

4. On celebration night, you get a complimentary glass of "fizz". If we don't like wine can we have an alternative like a rum+coke or similar?

5. Are there water fountains around the ship?

6. Are there glasses in your cabin or just cups for tea/coffee?

It's proving to be a bit of an ordeal trying to get our heads around everything!

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Hi Confused, 

Hopefully, I can help with some of your questions:

1) Fruit juices only available for breakfast in the buffet. Water, tea and coffee at all times the buffet is open.

2 and 5) You can carry your own drinks bottles and on Iona and Ariva there are water fountains in the sky dome and atrium where you can fill your bottles up. Am sure there were places you could fill your bottle in the Quays and buffet as well - these were separate to the ones where your fill your glass of water up. 

4) From what I can remember it is a glass of fizz or elderflower presse - it is not a choice of any free drink. 

6) There are glasses in the bathroom as well as cups along with the kettle in the bedroom. 

I'm afraid I can't help with question 3 but in all the cruises I've done I've never really seen people walking around the interior in bathrobes. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Confused.com said:

Can you ask your room maid to get you a bath robe for when you walk between your cabin and the pool areas? Or are they only available in the retreat?

For reference,  your cabin is serviced by a steward (male or female) not a maid.

Personally, I think it is a bit naff wondering around in a bath robe. Others may have a different viewpoint. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

For reference,  your cabin is serviced by a steward (male or female) not a maid.

Personally, I think it is a bit naff wondering around in a bath robe. Others may have a different viewpoint. 

We had robes hanging up in our wardrobe on our last Azura cruise. There they stayed. I said to DW ' do you want these slippers ? '.....Nah.😁