Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Evrima - Daily VLOG

Hello All,

I am a frequent Regent cruiser and CC member, and have just completed a 7 night cruise aboard the Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Evrima.  My first daily VLOG is now available. Please subscribe to see the series progress over the next few weeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

interesting start.  Looking at RC for a cruise next year and am interested if it is 'worth the money" for such a new cruise line 

how did you book the cruise - TA or direct?  Did RC offer any OBC?

7 hours ago, tfred said:

how did you book the cruise - TA or direct?  Did RC offer any OBC?

Direct with RC. No OBC offered. For us, it was worth it. The food and service was very good to excellent all around. There were a couple of duds (a couple of overcooked omelettes and one dry chicken sandwich), but nothing that prevented us form booking another cruise for Feb 2024.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:53 PM, dvalentine823 said:

I am a frequent Regent cruiser and CC member, and have just completed a 7 night cruise aboard the Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Evrima.  .

Thanks for the video! We are set to sail on the 2April San Juan r/t coming up here in a few days. From the reviews and the small handful of good review videos online, I have a good idea of what to expect and get the sense if there is anything of an issue, Say Something. 

Any major tips or tricks to know?

33 minutes ago, Djt0620 said:

Thanks for the video! We are set to sail on the 2April San Juan r/t coming up here in a few days. From the reviews and the small handful of good review videos online, I have a good idea of what to expect and get the sense if there is anything of an issue, Say Something. 

Any major tips or tricks to know?

Biggest tip I have is to look in the daily sheets for Talaat Nam being open for lunch. We did, and went down just to sit at the sushi bar. But there was no sushi bar at lunch; instead they have an expanded menu featuring dim sum. We ordered a couple of appetizers, and then the entire dim sum menu. As good or better than any land based dim sum I have ever had!!! 

Will feature this in a later video!

BTW, the cabin tour is up now, so subscribe and take a look.

35 minutes ago, dvalentine823 said:

BTW, the cabin tour is up now, so subscribe and take a look.

Thanks! Will look but we are booked in a Terrace Suite so the video by Trek Trendy was more helpful.

the Trek review is also about the onboard experience outside the cabin - the staffing is the big issue.  Various waits for requests and no one paying attention to the deck experience.  That doesnt seem to be room dependent. 

running a hotel is not the same as a ship.  Rc knows that and FourSeasons will soon discover that even with the management that FS has on top 

interested to see what your experience is dvalentine........

On 3/23/2023 at 5:46 PM, tfred said:

the Trek review is also about the onboard experience outside the cabin - the staffing is the big issue.  Various waits for requests and no one paying attention to the deck experience.  That doesnt seem to be room dependent. 

running a hotel is not the same as a ship.  Rc knows that and FourSeasons will soon discover that even with the management that FS has on top 

interested to see what your experience is dvalentine........

The overall experience that we had was either a lot better than Trek Trendy, or we are a lot less picky. We had maybe two issues with service. One which is detailed in our next video, and the other on the last night at dinner. 2 negative experiences out of 21 meals does not ruin a cruise, at least not in our opinions.

In the end, we enjoyed it enough to book another cruise three days after we returned home!

We were on the Evrima in January for a Central America cruise. We enjoyed the ship, and all agreed it is not a cruise ship -- it is a yacht and is different. But not in a bad way -- just different. We enjoyed the dining, the service, the nightly entertainment. We had a stateroom on deck 8 somewhat forward, unfortunately under the gym. Poor between-decks sound insulation and the heavy footfalls on the treadmills came right thru into our room -- really annoying at 6-7 am and 10 pm! I really complained about that. Do not book a stateroom in this area!

Yes, it is pricey, even in the Caribbean region, but we'd book it again for the right itinerary. But not in the Med, where prices start at ~$1000/person/day. Looking forward to seeing their 2025 cruises on both yachts.

• 8 months later...
On 3/21/2023 at 7:25 PM, dvalentine823 said:

Direct with RC. No OBC offered. For us, it was worth it. The food and service was very good to excellent all around. There were a couple of duds (a couple of overcooked omelettes and one dry chicken sandwich), but nothing that prevented us form booking another cruise for Feb 2024.

@dvalentine823 I'm booked on the Feb 2024 San Juan/San Juan cruise. Any chance you're on that one? 

• 1 month later...

BRAVO!

Thoroughly enjoyed your VLOG and recounting your Ritz cruise experience. We too enjoy small ship cruising with Seabourn and Regent our past favorites.

Small ships are no longer so small. Big ships got bigger as are small ships getting bigger. Your posted VLOG peaked our interest in Ritz who seem to offer the service an intimate cruise experience we had come to desire and now find difficult to find. 

Kudos on  your videos, they are informative and very well done indeed...