Gifting a passenger Specialty Dining

cruise2relax

We have good fiends that will be going on a cruise later this year.  We would like to treat them to dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.  I have looked at the website and it does not have offering such as that.  On Board credits yes, Balcony breakfast and dinner, yes but not this.  Anyone successfully done this?  If so, how?

I am not aware that it can be done.  And frankly, it would be a bit complicated.  If you called Princess and had all of their booking information and wanted to make a reservation, Princess would want to know at which restaurant, on which day and at what time.  Those are all likely to be unknowns to you as your friends may have plans that might change, or might not fit with what you choose.  The easier option, and one that Princess can accommodate, is to purchase OBC and then let your friends know that you have purchased a dinner for them to enjoy on their cruise.  Ask them to make a reservation at a date, time and place of their choosing and enjoy the credit that you have provided to them.  I think that Travel Agents are able to add a dinner onto a cruise, but I am not aware of members of the public being able to do so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I think that Travel Agents are able to add a dinner onto a cruise, but I am not aware of members of the public being able to do so.

Yes, agents are able to gift dinners.  But it is a generic $ rather than specific restaurant. 

Send them a nice card with $$ and wish them a happy voyage.

• Like 1

I have gifted someone with specialty dining Nov. '21.  The worst part was having to call in and wait on hold.  All I needed was the person's name, ship name and date of sailing.  I picked the restaurant, and they received a card in their room on embarkation day notifying them of the gift, and they made reservations once onboard.  I don't think I would do this now as it was difficult getting a reservation once onboard on our recent cruise.  I would gift OBC and let the choose.

• Like 2