Military OBC

gregma60

I verified through the SheerID for Holland America about my military status.  Got an email.  Went to look at my mariner account, I don't see anywhere in there that I have been verified.  I went to check for verification and it wanted to go through the full verification process again.  Do I have to keep verifying each time I want to use it?  Is there no flag in my account that says I have been verified?

-gregma

I'm not aware of any flag in the account.  But I went through the verification process and the OBC applied automatically to my last two sailings.  Maybe print out the verification confirmation and bring it with you just in case?

27 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

I'm not aware of any flag in the account.  But I went through the verification process and the OBC applied automatically to my last two sailings.  Maybe print out the verification confirmation and bring it with you just in case?

Well, I do see $100 OBC on the HA site, however I also get $100 OBC through the agency I booked the cruise through.  Not sure if the $100 is for the Military or for the agency "bonus".   I'll try calling and confirming.

-gregma

Just FYI, although our status as veterans doesn't change I was told by a HAL rep that the authorization is attached to our Mariner Account but only for a year. I had to do the authorization thru sheer id again for my currently booked cruises, and will have to repeat it in January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In "MY PROFILE" under "Onboard Credits" I have the following:

ID                 Amount   Book By   Sail By         Status
XXXXXXXX   $100         N/A     Jan 1 2024    Available

As noted by 'richwmn', it expires at the end of the year.

My wife has EDUCATOR credit but that has not shown up in her HAL account.
Edited by Tom_Cruise

6 hours ago, Tom_Cruise said:
In "MY PROFILE" under "Onboard Credits" I have the following:

ID                 Amount   Book By   Sail By         Status
XXXXXXXX   $100         N/A     Jan 1 2024    Available

As noted by 'richwmn', it expires at the end of the year.

My wife has EDUCATOR credit but that has not shown up in her HAL account.

This is what I see as well.  Did verify with my TA and they confirmed it now shows $200.  $100 in their OBC and $100 for the military.  Nothing had to be done by anyone other than me verifying.

-gregma

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

Just FYI, although our status as veterans doesn't change I was told by a HAL rep that the authorization is attached to our Mariner Account but only for a year. I had to do the authorization thru sheer id again for my currently booked cruises, and will have to repeat it in January.

I guess they feel that even though you were a veteran this year, next year you might not be?  Didn't know veteran status could change.  🙂  Of course I certainly don't mind the extra and am appreciative of this extra!  I just hope I can remember where the jpg is of my DD214 in a year, it took me 2 hours to find it this time!

-gregma

Edited by gregma60

I didn't know about the military OBC before booking a HAL cruise. Once the verification goes through, will we receive the OBC on an already booked cruise or does the verification have to occur before booking? Thanks for your help.

~Maya

Just now, Maya_C said:

I didn't know about the military OBC before booking a HAL cruise. Once the verification goes through, will we receive the OBC on an already booked cruise or does the verification have to occur before booking? Thanks for your help.

~Maya

It applied to my already booked cruise.  At least I believe is "available to use while onboard any cruise up to the expiration date.

-gregma

• Like 1

Can someone explain this credit to me please?  I looked on the website and see no link to apply for the credit. My hubby was in the Navy, wondering if he can get the credit for our upcoming trip in May of 2023. BTW we do not use a travel agent so I need to know how to do this myself. Thank you in advance for the help.

Go to HAL’s website. At the top of the home page is Cruise Deals. Click on that. Scroll way down to see Military, Healthcare, etc. cruise offer. Click on “Learn More”. That will take you to the page for Military. Go to Verify Your Status and fill out info requested—mariner number, branch of service, status, etc. It is super easy and a wonderful benefit for veterans, active duty and military families.

Edited by cruisetravlr
Added info.

3 hours ago, coldinerie said:

Can someone explain this credit to me please?  I looked on the website and see no link to apply for the credit. My hubby was in the Navy, wondering if he can get the credit for our upcoming trip in May of 2023. BTW we do not use a travel agent so I need to know how to do this myself. Thank you in advance for the help.

This is the link that I used to get where I needed to go.  Yes, your husband should easily qualify for the military veteran OBC deal.  The link is:  

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2021-press-releases1/news-10062021-MilitaryAppreciation21.html.

That explains the offer.  It then has a link in it to take you directly to the deal:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/military-appreciation-offer.html

This begins the process.  You will click on the link there and it will take you through the process of verifying your military veteran status.  Quite easy (make sure you have a JPG copy of your hubbies DD214.

Once you have gotten your email to say you were successfully verified, then you can call Holland America to verify the 100 OBC was applied if you wish, or you can check online  yourself.

-gregma

16 minutes ago, Colorado Klutch said:

I never received a confirmation email, but I did get the OBC. 

Interesting.  I got an email that had a link to "use the credit" from:

SheerID Verification <Verify@sheerid.com>

Congratulations!
 We have verified your eligibility on this special offer you requested.

 Book as early as tomorrow and receive your onboard credit offer.

 $100 Onboard Credit

Kind Regards,
Holland America Line

-gregma

Edited by gregma60

Once approved, they add a "re-usable" cruise credit that get added automatically to future bookings.  You can see it in your "My Account" as a "Onboard Credit"

Edited by CNSJ
typo error

21 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I'm in the process of trying to add my Veterans $100 OBC now for a cruise I already booked for May. Hope it gets applied.

any luck on this? Did you need to call in to get them to apply it?

Just now, shakuyi said:

any luck on this? Did you need to call in to get them to apply it?

Too soon to tell. I only got verified yesterday. They said to give them a few days to allow the OBC to apply. I calendared a reminder to two weeks to give them time, if not, I'll follow up again. My cruise isn't until May 20th so I have time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I'm in the process of trying to add my Veterans $100 OBC now for a cruise I already booked for May. Hope it gets applied.

I tried to do this today for cruises booked for May and October.  Was told that since we re-verified after booking, they credit could not be applied.  Only to new bookings.  Called twice - same response.

I didn't find out about the military OBC offer until a few days after my final payment in Feb for May 27 cruise.  After doing the SheerID verification I told my TA and asked about getting OBC.  She said it takes a few weeks and would follow up.  Sure enough I got the $100 OBC on the acct.  I know it's the military one because my TA-granted OBC was for $150 - which OBTW has yet to be reflected on acct.  Go figure.