Shore excursion starting points - Anchor ports

cruisingisfun

Hi,

Do shore excursions typically start on the ship or on land? New to Oceania. I am wondering about the possibility of doing some morning DIY touring at a port and then joining the afternoon shore excursion at its beginning on land, without tendering back to the ship

21 hours ago, cruisingisfun said:

Hi,

Do shore excursions typically start on the ship or on land? New to Oceania. I am wondering about the possibility of doing some morning DIY touring at a port and then joining the afternoon shore excursion at its beginning on land, without tendering back to the ship

Most afternoon tours in tender ports meet onshore. The daily Currents will list meeting spots. But, I’d still check with DS when you get your tender tix in the early AM.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cruisingisfun said:

Hi,

usually the tours meet in the lounge  where they do  a head count  you could try  getting the meeting spot on shore  but  the DS are not  that helpful  most times  😉