Any Reviews on RCCL Naples, Capri Amali Coast, and Positano

Mary Louise

• 2 months later...

I am following to see if you get replies. My daughter wanted at least 1 beach day on our vacation. This came closest since she will be able to swim in Capri. We were just curious how it works with attire. If we go swimming and are wet and in swim attire, will there be someplace for us to change into more appropriate, dry clothes for the rest of the tour.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

I booked this tour for our October cruise and just in the last few days received an email that the tour  operator notified them that for "operational reasons" the tour had to be discontinued. They gave me a refund and then a 15% discount towards booking something else for that port. I don't know if it was just for our cruise or totally discontinued. 

7 hours ago, dmrrn73 said:

I booked this tour for our October cruise and just in the last few days received an email that the tour  operator notified them that for "operational reasons" the tour had to be discontinued. They gave me a refund and then a 15% discount towards booking something else for that port. I don't know if it was just for our cruise or totally discontinued. 

Interesting.  I received an email  this week stating my tour is cancelled with no explanation.  I guess I know why now. I am getting a refund but they also added $110 in on board credits for pre-cruise purchases which is pretty useless since my cruise is in 2 weeks so pretty much all other excursions are full and and I already have everything else taken care of. 

Edited by mom2mnem

1 hour ago, mom2mnem said:

I am getting a refund but they also added $110 in on board credits for pre-cruise purchases which is pretty useless since my cruise is in 2 weeks so pretty much all other excursions are full and and I already have everything else taken care of. 

As I said on the other thread, you can (and should) fight this.  They can't hold your money hostage, they owe a full refund if you paid for this.  If you're willing to take it as a ship credit you can use, great, but they can't not refund you.

Edited by euro cruiser

Hi,

Just came off of the SOS and took this excursion. When we embarked there was a note that Positano was cancelled due to pier damage and instead Amalfi was substituted. It was too late for us to book something else, so we went on it. I also booked this during the Black Friday special and saved some money. There must have been multiple complaints prior to us as the tour guide reviewed with us what the experience was to be and made sure we knew what to expect. Also he asked anyone if they were told anything differently to make sure there was no misunderstanding. It appeared that either the owner of the company or someone high up was also on this excursion to make sure everything went accordingly.

We embarked right at the pier. They had welcome mimosas for us. There was plenty on indoor and outdoor seating. There were lounge chairs in the front and couches inside as well as table and chairs. They also had small bowls of snacks. There was a bar as well for paid drinks.

They had toilets. They also had changing rooms and lockers that we were not made aware of ahead of time. That would have allowed us to change clothes when we went ashore.

We sailed around Capri and then anchored to swim. The water was rough so we did not stay too long in the water. They did provide noodles and life preservers if you wanted them. 

They also had a very nice lunch buffet with wine. We sailed by the Amalfi Coast and it was beautiful. 

We then sailed to Amalfi and had some time to visit that town. We did have to take a tender into Amalfi. The town was nice. 

We boarded the ship and they gave us Limoncello and lemon cake. The crew tried to go above and beyond. 

The weird think is that they provided real glassware, so several times you would hear glass breaking on the deck. Some crew were dressed us in pants, white shirts, and vests. 

When we were getting ready to sail again, that is when there were some hiccups. The engine won’t start. It took about 20 minutes to get it going. Amalfi is further away from Positano so it was a much longer excursion than described. It was formal night that day so many passengers made reservations for specialty dining that they did not make it back in time for. 

The weather was good, which made it a more pleasant experience for us. I would have liked more time swimming if the water was not so rough. Perhaps not going as far to Amalfi was not the best option. I did enjoy the excursion as it gave us some time to rest and enjoy the sun as we cruised around the Amalfi Coast. 

ML

20 minutes ago, mom2mnem said:

I am so glad you were ablate go on the excursion Mary Lou. It sounds like it was a nice day. I am looking forward to the whole cruise !

Lisa

Thanks,

The cruise was great. Enjoy your cruise. It was my husband’s favorite cruise. So much to see in such a short time.