Frenchman Bay Webcam-Bar Harbor, Maine

Destiny0315

Thanks, lovely bay, but looks like no leaves on the trees yet.  Will be interesting to keep an eye on it as the season develops.

Our trees are breaking bud over here in the UK, with some looking quite leafy.  Magnolias and Camelias in flower and spring flowers out as well.  

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

Thanks, lovely bay, but looks like no leaves on the trees yet.

Yesterday morning the cam there showed a fresh sugar coating of snow on the ground but the days are getting longer and warmer and the bay is awaiting the world to visit again on cruise ships...at least for now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Yesterday morning the cam there showed a fresh sugar coating of snow on the ground but the days are getting longer and warmer and the bay is awaiting the world to visit again on cruise ships...at least for now.

I have a brother and SIL in St John's, Newfoundland and my SIL sent a photo of their house a couple of days ago with masses of snow - I think it is one of those years when it will persist a long time, so I am not surprised.  The Gulf Stream heading our way NW across the Atlantic, makes a massive difference to our climate, yet we are a fair bit north, compared to the lattitude of St John's.

Happy cruising,

Barbara