Juneau independent tour at 8 am, too early? What about 8:30 am

swdke

In Juneau the Grand Princess arrives at 8 am, or so the schedule says.  If I were to book a private tour at 8 am, I suppose such a tour booking would be too early?  Or not?  What about a 8:30 am tour?  Okay, or still too early? BI don't really know where the Grand Princess docks in Juneau, but the tour meet up point is at the base of the Mt. Robert Tram.

Thanks for your opinion and advice.

Princess usually uses the Franklin dock, which is a 10 minute walk to the tram parking lot.  Check the dock schedule before you book though, as they may  anchor out and tender, which will take much longer as the first tenders are usually reserved for passengers going on cruise ship excursions.

I have been on Princess and at AJD dock which is farther out. I think that and Franklin dock are the 2 they use a lot. They can hook up to city power at those docks.

I think it depends on the vendor. I agree - check with where you are docking. When I book with AdventureBound - they will wait for me and often will pick me up at the ship. I would check with the vendor and tell them you are docking at 8:00 and what ship you are on and see what they recommend.

53 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

The most important thing is to find out where you are docking or anchoring. I am on Crown Princess in June and we are anchoring and will have to tender to the dock.

This sucks. Sorry 😞 When I was on RCCL - we had a 2-10 time slot, we tendered and I didn't get off the ship until almost 4.

• Like 1

Just now, PurpleTraveller said:

Not good! Hopefully we will get off quicker than that and be able to enjoy our day.

It was pouring rain and the ship's tours got off first. It wasn't pretty. This was awhile ago. Tenders are larger now.

• Like 1