Deep Blue Extras extended thru April 30

cantgetin

lol i wish they would either rip the bandaid and release the loyalty program (or at least give a real date!).  this is starting to sound like their 2020 launch (your voyage definitely won't be cancelled - richard's bday bash is just too important to push.  oh wait, yeah we're not going.  oh and your 2021 voyage on our second ship is cancelled too.) or their constantly "ending this week" sales 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Do you know if the status match window also extended ?   TIA.   Scott.

Per info from my TA, yes, the status match will apply.  Her advice was that this program extension is not supposed to be released until tomorrow (3/28) and that it should be applied automatically to anyone who qualifies.  She suggested patience and if it doesn't show up under "my account" within a few days, she'll follow up to be sure that it is added.  Note....my TA is not the one who told me about this early, but she had all the info when I PM'd her.

Edited by cantgetin

3 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

lol i wish they would either rip the bandaid and release the loyalty program (or at least give a real date!).  this is starting to sound like their 2020 launch (your voyage definitely won't be cancelled - richard's bday bash is just too important to push.  oh wait, yeah we're not going.  oh and your 2021 voyage on our second ship is cancelled too.) or their constantly "ending this week" sales 🙄

They lost my business on one cruise due to their nonsense.  I intentionally waited to book until I had enjoyed my first cruise, but I already had a cruise selected and had purchased air on SW, knowing that I could move it.  The day I got home, they removed a promotion and the price doubled.  I wasn't willing to pay the higher price, so canceled my air.  A week later, they re-instituted the promotion/price, but by then the air had increased dramatically.

Make up your minds, guys.  On the other hand, I'm delighted to have Deep Blue on my upcoming cruise.  And depending on what they ultimately do with their loyalty program, I might qualify for that when it comes out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Per info from my TA, yes, the status match will apply.  Her advice was that this program extension is not supposed to be released until tomorrow (3/28) and that it should be applied automatically to anyone who qualifies.  She suggested patience and if it doesn't show up under "my account" within a few days, she'll follow up to be sure that it is added.  Note....my TA is not the one who told me about this early, but she had all the info when I PM'd her.

Thanks for the intel.  Good news.  We're booked on the Valiant Lady TA in April, so missed the 31 March cut-off by 22 days.     Scott.  

4 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Thanks for the intel.  Good news.  We're booked on the Valiant Lady TA in April, so missed the 31 March cut-off by 22 days.     Scott.  

See you there!  And I'm delighted with the extension.

• Thanks 1

So exciting!  Thanks for sharing!  Hoping they'll be able to process and apply my status match request by my April 9th sailing.  Will wait for the website to update with the new dates before submitting my info (hopefully tomorrow!)

4 minutes ago, mebruch67 said:

So exciting!  Thanks for sharing!  Hoping they'll be able to process and apply my status match request by my April 9th sailing.  Will wait for the website to update with the new dates before submitting my info (hopefully tomorrow!)

We were told to allow a week for status match.  Mine took about a week, my daughter's too 2 days.  Get it in as soon as possible if you haven't already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

We were told to allow a week for status match.  Mine took about a week, my daughter's too 2 days.  Get it in as soon as possible if you haven't already.

I did it back in January when I first booked and was declined since I wasn't traveling before the end of March.  I'm going to resubmit now that they're extending the Deep Blue Extras.  Fingers crossed!  I've got just under two weeks, so hopefully it'll work out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

how does one's profile look (ie change) if one has been 'elevated' ?    Scott. 

Not exactly sure what you mean by "profile elevated," but if you are talking about Deep Blue Extras, when you go to "my account," click on your specific cruise (if you have more than one),  click on manage voyage, then add ons, then view details.  It should open up a box that shows any onboard credit, bar tab, etc. and right at the top should list Deep Blue Extras.  On my last cruise, it showed up under my daughter's name but not mine--not a big deal since all the rewards are per cabin. not per person.

Hi. New to VV and just applied for a status match (diamond on a few other lines). I booked a week or so ago but my cruise isn’t until March 2024. Might I still qualify for perks? Where would I even check to see if I have perks? Through an app? The website? Feeling a little lost. I hope the screenshot I submitted is accepted. Any idea how quickly they’ve been turning these around? Thanks for any insight.

Edited by def0715

1 minute ago, def0715 said:

Hi. New to VV and just applied for a status match (diamond on a few other lines). I booked a week or so ago but my cruise isn’t until March 2024. Might I still qualify for perks? Where would I even check to see if I have perks? Through an app? The website? Feeling a little lost. Thanks for any insight.

Currently the perks are scheduled to end April 30, 2023....but as with everything VV, no one knows what will happen between now and then.  They were supposed to end 12/312022!    There is no word on what might be available in 2024.  If you booked thru an agent, he or she should be able to manage everything for you.  If you booked on your own, keep your eyes on the web site and various chat groups for any news.  You would find any perks you have by going to "my account" then clicking on your cruise, manage my account, add ons, and it should open a box showing any perks.  It seems to be functioning better now, but in the past it was often not accurate until after boarding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, def0715 said:

Does anyone know how different cruise line statuses match up with VV statuses?

VV and MSC are the only two cruise lines that offer status match at this time.  Other than Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offering reciprocal matching, but they are the same company. 

26 minutes ago, def0715 said:

Thanks. I was wondering what, for example, Diamond on Carnival or Diamond on MSC might match to on VV for those that have gotten the VV match. 

At present through to 30 April you either have the Deep Blue Extras or you don’t. There isn’t any tiers to the current extras, although there is three ways to “join” the sailing club.

When they launch the full loyalty programme there might be other arrangements but we don’t know what they are yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, def0715 said:

Thanks. I was wondering what, for example, Diamond on Carnival or Diamond on MSC might match to on VV for those that have gotten the VV match. 

As others have noted, right now it's just a 'match.' You get the Deep Blue Extras. I don't know that they've figured out quite what they want to do yet. The CEO is the former CEO of Disney Cruise Line where they've had a loyalty program since almost day one so you would think they would have come up with something by now. 🙂 Part of the problem could be that so much is included already, what else do you give to folks? 

It's possible they're waiting to fully roll out the program to coincide with the launch of Resilient Lady. It's kind of hard to have a full loyalty program when you only have two ships. They're walking the balance of wanting to keep a loyal fanbase while also introducing the brand to new cruisers. With only two ships, that's not a whole lot of options for folks.

When four ships are running at the end of 2023 that will start to open up things. I really hope that opens up new home ports and new itineraries.  Folks on the West Coast of the U.S. have been asking about a ship. Folks have been asking about Asia itineraries. Sending one of the ships through the Panama Canal for a 2 month West Coast season that includes Hawaii trips would be awesome. Or some Singapore based itineraries. Those are the kinds of opportunities that could open up once Brilliant Lady is in play. We may not see those new home ports in 2024, but possibly by 2025. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Thanks 2