Cunard pre-boarding covid test

alc13

2 minutes ago, Lady of the Nile said:

Hi upon reading the above, we are sailing (hopefully) on Queen Victoria 20th August for 12 days round the British Isles, does anyone know the Covid protocol on here. We are in the process of booking our 6th Vaccination.   We both had Covid back in March,  are the tests done at home adequate? They charge £50 plus here for a test if you go into a travel agency., some even more. Which is outrageous. That's £100 for two and more for a family. If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Username: Lady of the Nile.

You won’t need any tests or to show vax proof, unless things change.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

You won’t need any tests or to show vax proof, unless things change.

Thanks so much for your reply. Whenever I call Cunard, I get "well I don't know" or "I haven't heard about that". I am stressing before sailing, we are both elderly and disabled, so we need to know everything before even going out the door. So as I said thank you again. Happy Sailing to one and all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lady of the Nile said:

Thanks so much for your reply. Whenever I call Cunard, I get "well I don't know" or "I haven't heard about that". I am stressing before sailing, we are both elderly and disabled, so we need to know everything before even going out the door. So as I said thank you again. Happy Sailing to one and all.

There is a lot of stuff on their website, if you are patient with it. 😀 Preparation is good, but try not to stress: everything will be fine.

If a self-administered test is required this was what we did, not on a Cunard ship but on Diamond Princess in March 2023 for our cruise in Japan. After the test is done, put the test card down with your passport open page, take a picture with your cell phone of both together. When you go to see that picture, just slightly slide the picture up a little, it will show the date, time, and place when the picture was taken. Take a screen shot of that and that will be sufficient to show your test result. They did look at the picture closely when we checked in at the port terminal.

• Like 1

Well, here we are on QE, and I can report that our carefully executed and beautifully documented pre-boarding Covid tests were not reviewed at embarkation.  The explanation was that the test results weren’t needed because we’d been vaccinated - which makes no sense, because of course we still could have been infected and contagious.  Japan is in the process of relaxing their guidelines for managing Covid, so maybe that’s part of the reason for Cunard’s policy change.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alc13 said:

Well, here we are on QE,

Wonderful that you got aboard for your Japan voyage at last, after several years of Covid delays.  Best wishes for a great time!

I see that QE will be in Yatsushiro tomorrow (21 April).  If you have a chance, could you post a photo of QE in the port?  It is an "unseen" port in the "Where in the World" game.  Thanks!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, giddy_up said:

Could you please tell what the current requirements are for wearing masks onboard?

Masks are required except when eating, drinking, or in the gym.  Mostly complied with, too.