BOGO Specialty Restaurants for Diamond Plus

32 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Can I buy a specialty restaurant meal for just me through the cruise planner and have my wife added onboard the ship as the free meal?

Yes, but they might charge you the full on board fare for the single booking vs. the perhaps discounted rate you found in the planner. Also, some ships enforce having to use the BOGO perk on the 1st/2nd day - if the booking is for another day, they may not let you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

My wife and I are both D+, but have never used the BOGO D+ perk.  Can I buy a specialty restaurant meal for just me through the cruise planner and have my wife added onboard the ship as the free meal?

Like Biker mentioned, we did this and they refunded the price that we paid in the cruise planner and charged us the higher on board price.  That did not matter to me as I just wanted to secure the dining time.

• Like 2

We always just booked online in the planner for dinner the first 2 nights for a dinner for 2 persons and then use the discount at the table and they would just take 1/2 off the total for the 2 of us right there at the table each night.

Don't take the chance on them charging you the current price on the ship by canceling your dining for 1 and then bringing your wife along.

Never had a an issue doing it that way I mentioned above.

• Like 1