Influencers onboard

zitsky

On 9/25/2024 at 12:00 AM, zitsky said:

Well then we agree on something.  No one should be rude to other passengers.  

My definition of that means, no loud music at the pool on Bluetooth speakers, no loud phone or video calls in restaurants when others are trying to eat.  I believe someone already gave the example of an "influencer" holding up the buffet line.  You're surprised we haven't found more examples of rude influencers?  Perhaps we start keeping track.

A phone call on a speakerphone at a nearby table is what really annoys me.  After a minute is so I’ll walk over and tell them not everyone wants to hear their conversation.  I’ll ask them to take it off speaker phone and I go back to my table.  If they don’t, then I’ll go over and stand next to them and jump into the conversation.  I’ll introduce myself and tell them about my day.  Eventually they take the hint and leave.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

A phone call on a speakerphone at a nearby table is what really annoys me.  After a minute is so I’ll walk over and tell them not everyone wants to hear their conversation.  I’ll ask them to take it off speaker phone and I go back to my table.  If they don’t, then I’ll go over and stand next to them and jump into the conversation.  I’ll introduce myself and tell them about my day.  Eventually they take the hint and leave.

This bugs me too and I am usually amused by the occasional poor behaviour of fellow guests. I honestly don’t mind if people make an effort to find a table a bit out of the way. I am aware that many people have elderly relations who can enjoy a vicarious cruise by family regularly contacting them and that others have work that needs attention but to interrupt the peace and quiet of a restaurant, bar or other area is simply bad manners…

Once (after in our usual fashion) being amused by a man chatting loudly on speaker phone in the Solarium to “Mom” my husband couldn’t resist as we exited saying to the man “Send your mother our best wishes…”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, zitsky said:

I missed the part where you explained why their livelihood is my problem? 😂

I don't understand why you don't just stay home.  If you are that unhappy being in the crowd of cruisers, consider a Monistary for your next vacation.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2024 at 5:27 PM, zitsky said:

I’m not sure why anyone deserves to have a drink poured on them.  I’d be upset too.

It's called "an accident"  not on on purpose...Yikes

On 9/26/2024 at 5:49 PM, zitsky said:

So this guy sexually assaulted you and you “accidentally” poured a drink on him?  Maybe you should tell a staff member?

OMG! Really?