Shuttle from Sandnes to Stavanger, Norway

BrownBoxer

I hope so.  Shore excursions cancelled our Stavenger and Surroundings tour a month ago and now they finally have a few tours uploaded.  But the Stavenger and Surroundings tour is sold out.  How can that be when it just got listed?  And there are very few tours available.

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd re-raise this question since the port seems to be changes on several of the HAL cruises.  Is there any shuttle service from Sandnes to Skavenger.  Disappointing if not since there doesn't appear to be much to see or do in Sandnes, and since they are still calling it a Skavenger stop.  Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, maureenk said:

Thought I'd re-raise this question since the port seems to be changes on several of the HAL cruises.  Is there any shuttle service from Sandnes to Skavenger.  Disappointing if not since there doesn't appear to be much to see or do in Sandnes, and since they are still calling it a Skavenger stop.  Thanks in advance!

I was on the Rotterdam last summer when she called in Sandnes, er, Stavanger. Getting back and forth to Stavanger was very much on the minds of members of our roll call. To make a long story short, HAL provided a shuttle to and from the pier into Sandnes that stopped very near the Sandnes train station where trains into Stavanger were plentiful and cheap. Sometime after embarkation, the shore excursion desk advertised a HO-HO bus excursion. The bus picked us up on the pier in the morning and dropped us off on the pier in the afternoon and between times we could ride around the circuit (like any other HO-HO bus). IIRC, the cost was somewhere in the $50-$60pp price range. 

I asked at the shore excursion desk why this excursion wasn’t advertised pre-embarkation and she said they weren’t always able to firm it up in advance but it was always nice when it worked out. 

Edited by polySeraph
  • Like 1