Upgrade drinks package in the cruise planner now available

TowandaUK

22 hours ago, Maggie North said:

There is a 5% pre-cruise booking discount, but I did not see a way to factor in the CC discount. I'll keep checking to see if anything changes. Thanks to OP for bringing this to our attention.

The only way to get the CC discount pre-cruise is to call the CC number and do the upgrade with them over the phone.  You cannot apply the CC discount on-line. 

Just now, DaKahuna said:

The only way to get the CC discount pre-cruise is to call the CC number and do the upgrade with them over the phone.  You cannot apply the CC discount on-line. 

Thank you. I have used that method to upgrade our Basic to Premium drink package in the past; just wondered if perhaps the procedure would change now that the upgrade is bookable on the website. I would guess upgrading from Basic to Premium wifi would be the same.

1 minute ago, Maggie North said:

Thank you. I have used that method to upgrade our Basic to Premium drink package in the past; just wondered if perhaps the procedure would change now that the upgrade is bookable on the website. I would guess upgrading from Basic to Premium wifi would be the same.

Yes, as far as I know you can only get CC discounts applied to purchases pre-cruise when you do them over the phone. AT least that has always been the case for us. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, as far as I know you can only get CC discounts applied to purchases pre-cruise when you do them over the phone. AT least that has always been the case for us. 

It is no longer the case now though with the new implementation mentioned earlier...

It may not be fully working in all regions yet, but it is getting close...

I see the option to use a CC discount to upgrade to the Premium package for my European and Australia/NZ cruises. I do not see the option for my Caribbean, Alaska and Hawaii cruises. If the option is available, you’ll find it under “Drinks” - Drink packages and Experiences. FWIW I’m a US resident using the US website.

79EE51FC-1346-40AA-A910-E2B30F624277.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It is no longer the case now though with the new implementation mentioned earlier...

It may not be fully working in all regions yet, but it is getting close...

I see that has changed.  Thank you for updating my information. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1