Covid on Ambience Northern Lights sailing Tilbury 9th March

Stellamaris59

My partner and I returned home from this cruise last Thursday, 23rd March. I then went down with covid, which I must have contracted on board - my partner still has the NHS tracking app running live, and he was pinged 4 times on Monday/Tuesday to say that he (and thus we) had been in close proximity to covid the previous Wednesday, the day before disembarkation. I would add that he has not otherwise been pinged at all in this last year. Luckily, being that he is elderly, he has remained negative. I wonder whether any/many other travellers went down with it? I now see that many travellers caught it on Ambience's cruise June 2022. 

Any situation where you are in close contact with a large number of other people is a risk for catching Covid. I caught it on a (non-cruise) trip to Spain last year having previously avoided it. Fortunately, for the vast majority of people the symptoms are now mild. I know a number of folks who have caught other respiratory viruses recently that have affected them far more than Covid. Seems this is just something we have to live with now and we all decided when/how we open ourselves to risk.

• Like 1

We were just on a trip to Patagonia in a group of 17.  By the end of the trip, 4 had caught Covid.  Thankfully Chile's rules are that if you have had 4 shots, you just wear a mask and go about your business.  Very reassuring that you don't risk being quarantined for 5-10 days!

• Like 1