Priority Embarkation for Diamond Members?

On 4/2/2023 at 10:06 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Blasphemy! Those of us who only cruise once or twice a year make every minute count. I pride myself on taking a scoop of untouched boarding day paella in WJ. 🤣

Hope all is well. I took a Cruise Critic hiatus for the past several months since I knew we wouldn't be sailing again until Wonder in June (and sadly we will likely be back to our previous schedule of only cruising in the summers). Life has not been cooperating on multiple fronts lately.

You make a good point about making every minute count if you only cruise once or twice a year. I cruise at least once a month so I am never in a rush to get on the ship early. But I completely understand how you feel about boarding as early as possible. 

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You make a good point about making every minute count if you only cruise once or twice a year. I cruise at least once a month so I am never in a rush to get on the ship early. But I completely understand how you feel about boarding as early as possible. 

We cruise 5 times a year and love to get on the ship as early as we can. Lovely time in deserted solarium 🙂 or even in empty buffet. 
Embarkation procedures are now way better than they used to be even without priority line, so enjoy our early embarkation 

• Like 1

We boarded Allure yesterday. We had a 2:00 check in because I knew I had to work. I managed to leave early and we were eating lunch in Park Cafe at noon. Our experience with PC is no one looks at times and it’s been very efficient recently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

We cruise 5 times a year and love to get on the ship as early as we can. Lovely time in deserted solarium 🙂 or even in empty buffet. 
Embarkation procedures are now way better than they used to be even without priority line, so enjoy our early embarkation 

I think this sums it up perfectly.

With the online check-in, all paperwork done personally before arriving at the terminal, facial recognition, roving iPads, the check-in and boarding process is easily 10 times faster than it used to be. Anybody can go from curb to Promenade in 15 minutes or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2023 at 9:11 AM, sqdurham said:

I agree! The minute I get on the ship is the minute my vacation starts. Am I anxious to start my vacation? You betcha! Thanks to all for the feedback. 

This is how we feel also. Our saying is "The vacation starts as soon as you step onto the ship"

We take 2 (2 weeks each) vacations a year. Almost all cruises, whether ocean or river. Maybe when we retire we'll be more lax about it 🙂 

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

This is how we feel also. Our saying is "The vacation starts as soon as you step onto the ship"

We take 2 (2 weeks each) vacations a year. Almost all cruises, whether ocean or river. Maybe when we retire we'll be more lax about it 🙂 

Not sure how close you are to retirement, but it changes your outlook on things from my experience. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am never in a rush to get on a ship early and that is basically my approach to life since I retired at the end of 2022.i had always planned to work into my 60s, but retiring when I was 57 was the smartest decision I ever made. 

7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not sure how close you are to retirement, but it changes your outlook on things from my experience. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am never in a rush to get on a ship early and that is basically my approach to life since I retired at the end of 2022.i had always planned to work into my 60s, but retiring when I was 57 was the smartest decision I ever made. 

We are both 55. Our financial advisor says we could have already retired if we wanted to. We still enjoy our jobs, but retirement is definitely on our minds. We are thinking 5 more years maybe?

• Like 2