does the 1st couple of royal class ships (Regal and I forget the other one) really have more ship activities?

warren buffet

Do they have more ship activities than the emerald and the other ships with 3054 max capacity in the next older class of ship? In other words, (in your experience) does the extra 500 passengers translate into the entertainment dept doing a few more activities during the day, or the night time entertainment being better?  Because there are more passengers to average the costs around?    Or do the 2014 and newer ships have very similar activites and it is only a difference of a few ship amenities built into the arcitecture of the ship?

You are referring to Royal Princess and Regal Princess, although there are other Royal class ships. There are production shows on all ships, but they vary depending on the ship.  The Piazza is the hub of entertainment, both day and evening, on every ship regardless of class.

Obviously, the production shows on the newer ships are more elaborate, but not necessarily better than the others.  Depends on your taste and your preferences.

Daily activities are comparable on all ships.  I find any Princess entertainment to be decent, but not fabulous.  Other lines have much better, both day and evening.

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

You are referring to Royal Princess and Regal Princess, although there are other Royal class ships. There are production shows on all ships, but they vary depending on the ship.  The Piazza is the hub of entertainment, both day and evening, on every ship regardless of class.

Obviously, the production shows on the newer ships are more elaborate, but not necessarily better than the others.  Depends on your taste and your preferences.

Daily activities are comparable on all ships.  I find any Princess entertainment to be decent, but not fabulous.  Other lines have much better, both day and evening.

which top 2 lines have the best entertainment in your opinion? I was impressed by the ice skating show on royal but that may have been mostly because it was the first time I ever saw one at sea

9 hours ago, warren buffet said:

which top 2 lines have the best entertainment in your opinion? I was impressed by the ice skating show on royal but that may have been mostly because it was the first time I ever saw one at sea

Hard to answer because everyone has different tastes. RCI and Celebrity are excellent.  NCL has very good shows, too.  HAL has the Music Walk, which is brilliant, but their production shows are average.  These are the only lines I have experience with, so maybe someone else will chime in with other opinions.