Day Time Activities

Swells1

Yeah, I know all about the amazing fitness and wellness classes. But, if I'm being honest, I have a fitness center available to me at home as well as the office. I see tons of reviews about the great entertainment at night and all of the food choices, but not much about shipboard activities during the day. Do most sailors just sleep all day on sea days? 

there are a ton of things going on on sea days, less so on port days.  trivia, slot and poker tournaments, musicians at the dock and roundabout, tequila tasting class, paint & sip, "summer camp" arts & crafts (friendship bracelets), lots of other random stuff!  no real "shows" per se, but sometimes there's a bingo with the diva during the day.

6 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

there are a ton of things going on on sea days, less so on port days.  trivia, slot and poker tournaments, musicians at the dock and roundabout, tequila tasting class, paint & sip, "summer camp" arts & crafts (friendship bracelets), lots of other random stuff!  no real "shows" per se, but sometimes there's a bingo with the diva during the day.

That sounds fun. I was (only a little) concerned that it was eat, exercise, or nada. 

Some of the options in the daytime include the VHS 80s fun workout, dodgeball, 90s boyband class, colouring in a large canvas, summer camp crafts (friendship bands etc), trivia and gameshows.

Then there are upcharge options such as Mexican loteria bingo, food playing class, cocktail class, painting with wine, coffee class, whisky tasting.

VHS is a lot of fun and I loved dancing to NSync in the 90s boyband class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's pretty chill and laid back during the day. I think they do Bingo with the Diva in the Manor sometimes?  I don't think they ever use the Red Room during the day. 

They do have quite a few random "pop up" shows like "Latte I'll Say" - and the SeaHorse race. 

I feel like there could be more quality entertainment during the day personally but I also don't mind relaxing and taking it easy. 

The activities that involve alcohol typically have a cost.  Others are free.  On the 14 night TA cruise they added additional daytime activities not listed above. They knew that with 8 sea days, they needed to keep us busy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 1:38 PM, Swells1 said:

Yeah, I know all about the amazing fitness and wellness classes. But, if I'm being honest, I have a fitness center available to me at home as well as the office. I see tons of reviews about the great entertainment at night and all of the food choices, but not much about shipboard activities during the day. Do most sailors just sleep all day on sea days? 

Trivia, arts and crafts, sports tournaments and the like, but not nearly as much as you'll find on other cruise lines. It's definitely more chill. I like to relax on Deck 7 during the day, not back at the Dock but those midship 'patios.'  Afternoon tea is worth the extra cost in Sip. 

We did the afternoon tea and it was not worth the extra cost.  We waited 45 minutes just to get our tea then another half hour before they brought out the pastries.  By then our tea was cold. It was very unorganized.  The desserts they serve in the galley at lunchtime are much better than the items they had at the tea.  The huge macaroons in the galley are absolutely delicious.

Edited by curlstravel
  • Like 2

We "cheated,"  There was an event called  "Magic with the Charmer" or something similar in Sip, so we went down.  They told us that there were two seating areas, one for the people who had purchased the high tea and one for anyone else.  We sat in the "anyone else...and one of the guys went to The Galley and got an assortment of tea bags and cups of hot water from Grounds Club.  We had a lovely afternoon making new friends, seeing the magic, etc....all at no cost.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, Swells1 said:

One thing I'll point out that we noticed yesterday in Cozumel. There was basically an empty schedule onboard during the day. Every other cruise line will have a reduced schedule on port days, but there will still be some trivia, some games and such. Yesterday there was basically nothing scheduled during the day onboard Scarlet. VV really emphasizes sailors going into port, so don't expect much of anything onboard on port days. It's a good day to grab games from the Social Club, hang out by the pool or just chill. 

• Like 2

On our last cruise we never got off.  I was perfectly content by the pool or in my hammock with a book.  If there was stuff on the schedule that I wanted to do, fine.  If not, chill out time.  And chilling out on an almost empty ship is nice.

• Like 1

If we manage to stay awake for the late night activities,  since we're early birds we'll still be up early.   I think relaxing during the day will be mandatory for us. Planning on heading out to large pool area in the Puerto Plata port and returning to ship to relax on balcony and nap.  Same thing in Bimini.    

• Like 1

Our itinerary is pretty port intensive, so I don't think we'll be bored. I'm just trying to get a feel for the line. I don't have a problem with eating myself into a nice food coma on a sea day!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

One thing I'll point out that we noticed yesterday in Cozumel. There was basically an empty schedule onboard during the day. Every other cruise line will have a reduced schedule on port days, but there will still be some trivia, some games and such. Yesterday there was basically nothing scheduled during the day onboard Scarlet. VV really emphasizes sailors going into port, so don't expect much of anything onboard on port days. It's a good day to grab games from the Social Club, hang out by the pool or just chill. 

how full is your sailing this week?  we had some things to do onboard during port days in december on valiant when we had 2,300, but same itinerary in january with 800 pax and there was literally nothing organized to do onboard during port days

7 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

how full is your sailing this week?  we had some things to do onboard during port days in december on valiant when we had 2,300, but same itinerary in january with 800 pax and there was literally nothing organized to do onboard during port days

And also how long is your cruse.  We had a lot more on the TA than on shorter cruises.