Sushi - hours of service

JPH814

I’ll be on the Ovation in September.  My wife is not an adventurous eater but I am willing to try.some new things. 

Believe it or not, I have never tried sushi.  I would like to try out the sushi restaurant on the Ovation but don’t want to plan a dinner there (which would probably be a dinner for one)

What time is the sushi restaurant open? I’d love to pop in for lunch or an afternoon snack.  Or maybe as a pre-dinner appetizer. 

13 hours ago, JPH814 said:

I’ll be on the Ovation in September.  My wife is not an adventurous eater but I am willing to try.some new things. 

Believe it or not, I have never tried sushi.  I would like to try out the sushi restaurant on the Ovation but don’t want to plan a dinner there (which would probably be a dinner for one)

What time is the sushi restaurant open? I’d love to pop in for lunch or an afternoon snack.  Or maybe as a pre-dinner appetizer. 

It’s open for lunch and dinner, first come first served (no reservations). Dinner is best, it’s an extensive menu with much more than just sushi, incl. amazing hot meat dishes. I’m confident your wife will find something to her liking. 

• Like 1

ok...one post says lunch and dinner.  One post say 6PM to 8PM

one post says "Hot Meat dishes". The other -  menu -  does not mention them

Anyone else care to weigh in and break the tie?

The dining guide I posted only covers dinner service.  I remember them being open for lunch, but we didn't go and do not have a menu from the lunch service.  I believe the sushi menu is the same every night except formal night when they do a set menu.  I didn't see any meat (I'm assuming you mean from land animals) items on the menu, but I would imagine the menu changes periodically.

4 hours ago, florisdekort said:

It’s open for lunch and dinner, first come first served (no reservations). Dinner is best, it’s an extensive menu with much more than just sushi, incl. amazing hot meat dishes. I’m confident your wife will find something to her liking. 

Lunch is only bento boxes from what I read.  No nigiri or sashimi, which is what I most enjoy.

If I remember correctly the lunch hours are roughly noon to 2pm; it's not open for a mid-afternoon snack which would be nice.  We loved the Kaiseki dinner on formal night (menu attached, as well as lunch and dinner menus).  If you're already booked on Ovation in the Seabourn Source app you should be able to see the menu (that's where I got the lunch and dinner menus).  

OvationSushiFormalNight.thumb.jpg.1f85dc65ff8484a3c5bc3789e2a9a48e.jpg

Sushi Dinner 3.jpg

Sushi Dinner 2.jpg

Sushi Dinner 1.jpg

Sushi Lunch Menu.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, johng75370 said:

If I remember correctly the lunch hours are roughly noon to 2pm; it's not open for a mid-afternoon snack which would be nice.  We loved the Kaiseki dinner on formal night (menu attached, as well as lunch and dinner menus).  If you're already booked on Ovation in the Seabourn Source app you should be able to see the menu (that's where I got the lunch and dinner menus).  

OvationSushiFormalNight.thumb.jpg.1f85dc65ff8484a3c5bc3789e2a9a48e.jpg

Sushi Dinner 3.jpg

Sushi Dinner 2.jpg

Sushi Dinner 1.jpg

Sushi Lunch Menu.jpg

That’s really helpful thank you. Was it possible to, on a normal non kaiseki dinner order initially, then make further orders to try different plates etc 

7 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

That’s really helpful thank you. Was it possible to, on a normal non kaiseki dinner order initially, then make further orders to try different plates etc 

Our waitress discouraged that, she said it would take a long time for the kitchen to add in the items.  However, no problem to arrange your own tasting menu up front and they will walk you through the choices and make suggestions.

• Like 1