Carnival Luminosa Transpacific Seattle to Sydney Sept 19, 2024

22 minutes ago, WEI 57WEI said:

Thanks Rick1951.

You're very welcome.  There's really no Rick, it was my former husband's name that I used because I didnt' remember mine.  I need to change it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I just booked! Like many of you, this will the longest cruise we've done and I'm really excited about the South Pacific stops! Also, has anyone gotten more info on what the weather will be like? Glad to be a part of the group!

It's springtime.  We wore jeans and purchased Australian sweatshirts.  It was beautiful weather except for the day we pulled into port.  It was pouring rain that day with thunderstorms.  The cruise was 23 days long and so much fun.  We were on the first ship into Sydney Harbor since before the pandemic.

You'll love it.  Especially crossing the equator ceremony!

Welcome manisgirl and hubby.  I've also heard in another group I'm in that the crossing was great.  I'm so looking forward to the south pacific.  We're thinking of the Whale watch tour in Moorea and maybe a snorkel adventure at the next stop.  Have a car rented for a southern tour of Diamond Head and beaches and beautiful vistas.  We have done 2 Trans-Atlantics and a 15 day to Hawaii and back.  Carnival makes the longer cruises extra special....

6 hours ago, Rick1951 said:

It's going to be so much fun but first another sail on the Mardi Gras and then 4 cruises in Europe, then a couple of months to get ready for this cruise!

Wow, You are doing a lot of cruising.  If you get to Barcelona, it a great city.  Make sure to get tickets to see Sagrada Familial (probably not spelled correctly.)  It the huge church designed by Gaudi. and may be finally nearing completion after HOW many years?!  You have to get tickets a month ahead of time to get inside, although the outside is amazing too.  Gaudi has gardens and houses in town also.

14 hours ago, Seasoned firefighter said:

Wow, You are doing a lot of cruising.  If you get to Barcelona, it a great city.  Make sure to get tickets to see Sagrada Familial (probably not spelled correctly.)  It the huge church designed by Gaudi. and may be finally nearing completion after HOW many years?!  You have to get tickets a month ahead of time to get inside, although the outside is amazing too.  Gaudi has gardens and houses in town also.

Have you been to Monserrat?

On 2/17/2024 at 4:49 AM, Rick1951 said:

It's springtime.  We wore jeans and purchased Australian sweatshirts.  It was beautiful weather except for the day we pulled into port.  It was pouring rain that day with thunderstorms.  The cruise was 23 days long and so much fun.  We were on the first ship into Sydney Harbor since before the pandemic.

You'll love it.  Especially crossing the equator ceremony!

Thanks! I'll be sure and pack some cooler weather clothes. 

On 2/19/2024 at 5:39 AM, Seasoned firefighter said:

Oops here is our little group...

ccLuminosa24 2.xlsx 12.65 kB · 6 downloads

If you want to add our info to the list, I'm Monica and my husband is Tony and we're from Ketchikan, Alaska so if it rains on our trip we'll be ready. I'm hitting Platinum and celebrating my birthday! (I'm not telling which one...) This will be our first cruise with just the two of us, usually we're a part of a group but no one else could take this much time off work.

23 hours ago, Rick1951 said:

Have you been to Monserrat?

We have...!!  The trip up the road is precarious but the monastery is amazing.  They tell of the German army trying to invade the monastery because the Germans thought the Ark of the Covenant might be there.  The walk to, I think the Cross of St. Michael and the views are awe inspiring.  I love Church History.  Took a bus trip from Barcelona there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, booked this last spring with my mom and sister. Will be spending some time in Sydney and Auckland afterward. Looking forward to the cruise. Will be in Honolulu on my birthday so super excited to celebrate there! I am hoping to find some people to do Diamond Head with in Honolulu since my mom and sister can not do it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

I booked this cruise as well as solo as none of my regular travel buddies could get that much time off work.  First time I have been on a cruise this long and super excited about the ports.  Hope to find other people cruising solo on this trip. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 9:55 PM, BeckyLyn said:

Hi Everyone!

I booked this cruise as well as solo as none of my regular travel buddies could get that much time off work.  First time I have been on a cruise this long and super excited about the ports.  Hope to find other people cruising solo on this trip. 

There are others both here and on another cruise site.  I've added you to our list...Welcome.  We're looking at renting a car in Hawaii and doing Diamond Head and the south shore for snorkeling and the views.  Also hope to do some hiking.  Pepeete hope to do the whale watch. and not much more planned for shore excursions yet.  Planning on doing the Steak House, always a favorite with us as a special night.  We're turning Diamond on this cruise and it's our 50th anniversary cruise treat to each other as well.  It is less than 5 months away and can hardly wait for the great time we hope to have.

Did everyone get the message from Carnival about the visaa that will be needed.  If you're staying in Australia, you'll need their visa and it looks like you will need a visa for the French polynesian islands also.  Still checking this out and will get back to you...

U.S. passport holders are exempt for french polynesia visa.

Australia visa is done online using their app.  It is pretty easy to use.  Make sure you use the Australian ETA app.  Similar looking sites charge a large processing fee.  

The other app in the screenshot is for New Zealand visa if anyone is going to NZ...

Screenshot_20240502_122829_One UI Home.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WEI 57WEI said:

U.S. passport holders are exempt for french polynesia visa.

Australia visa is done online using their app.  It is pretty easy to use.  Make sure you use the Australian ETA app.  Similar looking sites charge a large processing fee.  

The other app in the screenshot is for New Zealand visa if anyone is going to NZ...

Screenshot_20240502_122829_One UI Home.jpg

Thank you for your help.  When I went into the carnival app message and looked at the islands we are visiting it seemed like we would need a French visa for the French Polynesian islands.  I thought that was weird since we are only there a few hours at each port each day.  We are going to stay in Australia for 4 days so will head to their visa process area...Thanks again.