Holland America Noordam Ambulatory Accessible VA5140

jillyalex

If you go to cruisedeckplans.com and patiently sift through the deck plans of the four Vista class ships, you can find pictures of these cabins on Westerdam and Zuiderdam.  However, I did not find any bathroom pics.  Go to the website, select cruise line, then ship, and scroll down the left side too. Era dah cabins.  Click on Handicap and it will list all of the HC cabins and whether they are ambulatory accessible or fully accessible.  There are tiny camera icons, so click on those.  Unfortunately most pics will just be the cabin layout drawing.  The site is a pay site to see cabin pics, but pics of accessible cabins are available without membership.  EM

Vista class are Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam,  Zuiderdam.

Edited by Essiesmom

If you are diligent and look at that cabin and its starboard counterpart,  and their forward counterparts…specifically 5051 and 5137 on Westerdam, you can see balcony and bathrooms.  It will be the same on each ship in that class.  EM

You must be a member cause nothing shows up when I click on any room but standard picture, nothing specific to the actual room. 

BTW I am very dilligent and have spent hours reseaching this room.

Yes, I am a member, I’ve been reimbursed many times over through the pictures I have contributed to the site.  If you are clicking on the cabins on the deck plan, you can’t see the pictures.  But if you go to the left, scroll down the ca in categories to Verandah, click on Handicap, it will list all HC cabins in that category.  Those with pictures will have a very tiny camera icon.  If you click on that, you can see the pics.  Many of the cabins will on,y have the diagram, but those I numbered will have pics.  EM

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, jillyalex said:

Hello 😀 has anyone stayed in vA5140 on the Noordam? Can’t find any pictures online anywhere for the room, bathroom and balcony.

Hi Jilly or Alex,

Here is a photo gallery of HC room 5054 on the Zuiderdam (sister to Noordam). The decor will probably be different, and the arrangement of furniture and bathroom fixtures will be left-right mirror images.

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/5054-zuiderdam/

Hope this is in time to help you out!

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, ironically i just paid to upgrade to V5140 on Niew Amsterdam to Alaska. I guess its a different class ship tho? 1st time cruisers.

They said it was last veranda available midship, on sunset side. Don’t need ambulalatory. Slightly larger balcony, no tub.

13 hours ago, mcl082182 said:

Hmmm, ironically i just paid to upgrade to V5140 on Niew Amsterdam to Alaska. I guess its a different class ship tho? 1st time cruisers.

They said it was last veranda available midship, on sunset side. Don’t need ambulalatory. Slightly larger balcony, no tub.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here are photos of 5140 on the Eurodam, sister to Nieuw Amsterdam:

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/5140-eurodam/

On the NA, this room is marked Wheelchair Accessible, not just ambulatory. It will have two chairs instead of a loveseat (presumably for easier re-arranging).

The layout of the Signature ships (N.Amsterdam and Eurodam) is very like the Vista ships (including Noordam). The Signature ships have an extra deck of staterooms and have the additional specialty restaurant Tamarind (Asian fusion). Some of the entertainment venues may be somewhat different.

Have a wonderful cruise! Many people continue to go back to Alaska -- we have been three times!