Breezy Easter and fttf

Eli_6

When we cruised in Feb, there were no fttf or priority lines in Galveston BUT now there are and we flew through check in. Easy, Breezy. But the non priority lines were soooooooo long.  Fttf was definitely worth the $ if you were not a suite or plat/dia.  On the Breeze now and I think 3/4 of the passengers are children.   So.many.kids.  The lido was crazy so we went down to the Red Frog and are pretty much the only people here.  My kids are playing fooze ball, DH is watching the Masters and I am drinking.   So far, so good.  

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

On the Breeze now and I think 3/4 of the passengers are children.   So.many.kids.  The lido was crazy so we went down to the Red Frog and are pretty much the only people here. 

I wondered abut that - this is spring break for the younger kids here locally, so we put off our cruise on Dream until the last week of April hoping most of the spring break crowd would be done.  🙂

Thanks for posting (I will be following along as I can't wait to get to Galveston in a couple weeks)!

16 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

I wondered abut that - this is spring break for the younger kids here locally, so we put off our cruise on Dream until the last week of April hoping most of the spring break crowd would be done.  🙂

Thanks for posting (I will be following along as I can't wait to get to Galveston in a couple weeks)!

It is Easter for us.

I see bought the special edition Monopoly game - I really want it (I actually put in my cart earlier today when I did my online check-in), but I'm trying to decide if I could get it in my carry-on for the flight home. Now that I see it on the table, the box seems kind of big.  

17 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I see bought the special edition Monopoly game - I really want it (I actually put in my cart earlier today when I did my online check-in), but I'm trying to decide if I could get it in my carry-on for the flight home. Now that I see it on the table, the box seems kind of big.  

I was surprised when I saw the price, not bad.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:08 PM, csm5986142 said:

Not sure but in the 2 photos the box looks different sizes. In the stores the regular monopoly box is square.

I am back from the cruise.  The staff was great...especially our room steward Putu.  Food was okay.  All the guests were well-behaved (generally speaking), but GOODNESS there were SOOOOOO many kids on this cruise.  I have never seen that many even when cruising pre-Covid at Christmas.  It was an hour wait to check your kids into the kids club and my kids said that there was about 100 kids in each age group.  The teenagers who seemed to be the worst behaved.  My husband caught some of them spitting off the slide stairs on guests below and told them, "Cut that sh*t out" and they did.  Then, last night, we had someone ding-dong ditch our cabin three times. (I.e. knock on the door and then run off.)  We still had fun and the boat and crew handled the crowds as well as could be expected, but there were lines for everything.  I think the kids outnumbered the adults.  My husband thought this was the "busiest" and most crowded he had ever seen a boat, but I think Christmas in 2019 was just as bad.  He also referred to this cruise as the "hormonal" cruise because of so many teens running amuck.  And almost everyone was blue or red so a lot of people who didn't seem to know cruise etiquette...or who were just walking around looking dazed and confused. 

Another thing: They just replaced the mattresses and they are really uncomfortable. I think they must have gotten the cheapest kind they had.  

The third and fourth beds (pull down and couch) were also terribly uncomfortable and my husband said that we will NOT be cruising with four of us in a cabin again. 

We still had fun, but I will avoid cruising at Easter in the future. 

• Like 2