Booking excursions

cruisewiscrrq

First time Viking Ocean cruiser.  Just want reassurance on best plan to book excursions.  From past readings when our DV window opens next Friday, we go to myvikingjourney to book at the exact time permitted.  We book the one or two must have optional excursions and pay for them.  Then go back in and book any other optional excursions we want and pay.  Go back one last time to get the included excursions we want at the time we want.  Viking will automatically use my credit card on file when I pay?  Each cabin has to do this independently?  Thanks for any other help to a nervous newbe!

I just finished booking my excursions. I did it for both myself and sister. We are sharing a room. 

It is easier if one person does them all for the stateroom. Yes, pick your optional ones first and pay for each  one with payment option who have set up.  I used the automatic withdrawal from my checking account. I did set that up  before hand. Then go back to  excursions  on home page and repeat. It does take a few minutes to do this for each one.  then book your included ones. I  did not get the time I wanted on two of the include ones.  but there was other times in the morning to book . We got the 8;30 am ones instead of the 9 or 9:30.  No big deal.

Be sure to click on calendar when you are finished. You an find a summary of each day and the excursions and times. Very handy to print and keep in your files. The site opened for me at exactly at noon Pacific time I was totally done by 12:17!

You will be fine  using this method.  

It feels som good when you are done and all set for your cruise.

Edited by Azulann

20 minutes ago, cruisewiscrrq said:

Viking will automatically use my credit card on file when I pay?  Each cabin has to do this independently?  Thanks for any other help to a nervous newbe!

No, Viking will auto populate he payment if using a bank draft ( assuming you have already entered that number, so do that beforehand). However, if you check the payment by credit card option, you will have to enter the cc number each time you check out. You can book for both people in a cabin, and you can book them different excursions if you like (we do this every once in awhile).  I can’t speak to multiple cabins.  And do review on the calendar when you are done.  On our last cruise I had left my husband off an excursion one day.  So I went back and bought the excursion for him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisewiscrrq said:

First time Viking Ocean cruiser.  Just want reassurance on best plan to book excursions.  From past readings when our DV window opens next Friday, we go to myvikingjourney to book at the exact time permitted.  We book the one or two must have optional excursions and pay for them.  Then go back in and book any other optional excursions we want and pay.  Go back one last time to get the included excursions we want at the time we want.  Viking will automatically use my credit card on file when I pay?  Each cabin has to do this independently?  Thanks for any other help to a nervous newbe!

Grab the most wanted excursion first, for the two people in your cabin then go to cart and pay for it immediately. I had to paste in my credit card details each time. I familiarised myself with what details they needed. They also wanted billing address. I had all these copied down in advance so it was a quick copy and paste into the payment areas. Then work down your  list. Excursions can sell out within 5 minutes. And you haven't secured them until you've paid for them.   

If travelling with others if you could both do it together for each cabin that would help. And they open up on the dot. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

And do review on the calendar when you are done.  On our last cruise I had left my husband off an excursion one day.  So I went back and bought the excursion for him.  

I'd like to add to review the paper tickets left in your cabin when you board.  Viking puts great store in the paper tickets and for one of our excursions two weeks ago, DH's ticket was missing.  It was not a big deal to go to Guest Services who promptly printed out the missing ticket after confirming payment, but had the issue not been discovered until the morning of the tour, it would have been a little more heart pounding.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2