Excursion on Back to Back Changeover day

douginct

On back to back cruises, I understand that there is usually an excursion offered to those continuing on. When can one see what is offered and book this?Available to book in advance or must one wait until onboard. Thanks.

This may not be your situation, so FWIW, we are booked on a B2B from Barcelona to London (Southampton) with a single booking number. On the “change day” in Lisbon excursions are listed like the other days and so we booked one along with our other excursions. I’m not sure what those boarding that day might see. 

After reviewing red1head's Post:  Went back into our file.  Did a B/t/B aboard Explorer in 2019 with change-over at Southampton.  One Booking Number.  Our next segment was around the U.K. ending again at Southampton. 

No excursions were initially offered at Southampton when we booked.  Had planned to get a cab and go on our own to the nearby Naval Museum.  Did check in, from time-to-time for changes.  About four days before initial arrival at Southampton--got the word a five hour Tour, "Winchester Cathedral and Town" was available.  No-cost.  Booked it.  Glad we did. So--it pays to keep checking when onboard.  

The above comports with our overall experiences which is when the change-over occurs at a Port such as Southampton, Barcelona, Sydney, or San Juan, Puerto Rico--then those continuing on have an opportunity for a same day excursion.  A definitive answer might not be available until a few days before that change-over.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. We have one cruise booked and are adding the next segment so 2 booking numbers. Will plan to check with Destination Services during first segment to see if any excursions will be offered. 

I had this issue, recently - two booking numbers, but others that had the cruises combined, were able to book something on that change over day, but not me.  I went ahead and did my own thing (worked out great), but it would  have been nice to know what was offered in a more timely manner.  Being not five days before the first cruise ends.  

The issue in my opinion is that Regent’s technology can’t handle this, which is rather sad.  

We often book back-to-back cruises that are offered that way by Regent and have 1 booking number.  In all cases for us, the turnover city for the back-to-back cruise is listed like any other port to chose tours.  The only difference that I have found is that number of tours offered for that port is usually smaller than for the other ports.

• Like 2

We have a B2B booked for 2024.  I was prepared to book all shore excursions on April 6.  BUT, they were only available for the first portion of the cruise.  The second part of the B2B cannot be booked until April 25.  Too bad the information doesn't tell you there are 2 booking dates when sailing a B2B.

1 hour ago, never2home said:

We have a B2B booked for 2024.  I was prepared to book all shore excursions on April 6.  BUT, they were only available for the first portion of the cruise.  The second part of the B2B cannot be booked until April 25.  Too bad the information doesn't tell you there are 2 booking dates when sailing a B2B.

Yes, we had the same issue.  Wasn’t pleased about that either, but we did get all our choices, so I can’t complain.  (I could, but no one would listen.) 

We had this problem last year with a B2B. Our turnaround day was in Bilbao. We were assured by Regent and our TA that once on board we would be able to choose an excursion, just not available to preselect. Worked out fine, but I had a backup plan in case it didn’t.

When we have only one booking number for two or more BroB for segments we can see all the shore excursions at one time and book them at one time. When we have two booking numbers for a BtoB like on the Splendor this past Dec we have to wait until the booking opens for each segment. 
It all depends on the way the BroBs are booked with Regent.

as I remember there always has been at least one tour available on the turn around day. In Miami this past Dec there was one tour. It was a HOHO tour. 

Edited by cwn

3 minutes ago, cwn said:

When we have only one booking number for two or more BroB for segments we can see all the shore excursions at one time and book them at one time.

We have a B2B under one booking number but since it was not offered as one voyage by Regent we have to book each segment separately - at the 365 day mark for each segment.

Excursions on turn round day will not be offered until we are on board.