40 of 49 StarLink satellites were lost...

longterm

From what I have read, as I'm greatly interested in the reasons, large satellite losses occured in both 2022 and 2023, just a month or two ago. The primary reasons for the losses were solar flares. Without sounding like a complete nutbar wearing a tin foil hat, any one intersted in following the reasons will also discover our beautiful planet came VERY close to not existing. Had the largest flare ever recorded a few months back occured on our side of the sun at the time... a planet killer, plain and simple. The media, NASA, EVERYONE downplayed or did not give this event much press. I guess for good reason. I was bewildered by the lack of coverage. But it's out there if anyone want to know. Simple celestial mechanics made for another non event "near miss" that was covered as just another one of those "things in space again". This one was a bit more than that.  Iridium, GlobalStar and now Elon, just big black holes in space sucking up cash. Every one of them hyped as the cilivilzation chaning tech of the millenium.

Edited by Vagabond51
  • Like 1

Sombody said someone on one of the current sailing reported seeing an Italian Mastiff in Manfredi's. It was determined that it was allowed as the dog was wearing a collared dress shirt, pressed kaki chinos and a beautiful pair of Italian leather loafers.

Discuss... 😗

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Vagabond51 said:

From what I have read, as I'm greatly interested in the reasons, large satellite losses occured in both 2022 and 2023, just a month or two ago. The primary reasons for the losses were solar flares. Without sounding like a complete nutbar wearing a tin foil hat, any one intersted in following the reasons will also discover our beautiful planet came VERY close to not existing. Had the largest flare ever recorded a few months back occured on our side of the sun at the time... a planet killer, plain and simple. The media, NASA, EVERYONE downplayed or did not give this event much press. I guess for good reason. I was bewildered by the lack of coverage. But it's out there if anyone want to know. Simple celestial mechanics made for another non event "near miss" that was covered as just another one of those "things in space again". This one was a bit more than that.  Iridium, GlobalStar and now Elon, just big black holes in space sucking up cash. Every one of them hyped as the cilivilzation chaning tech of the millenium.

Would you please provide a reputable citation for the claims of "planet killer" and "NASA downplayed"? Hint:  "it's out there if anyone want to know" does not count. 🍺🥌

I thought when I posted someone would ask. I would prefer not to, as many of these discussions, this one included, tend to follow the climate debate, "my scientist can beat up your scientist". Simple Google searches will get you into the thick of it. The flares, and their magnitude were real, check NASAs news pages. Write me off as that nutbar... perfectly OK.

Edited by Vagabond51
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

Sombody said someone on one of the current sailing reported seeing an Italian Mastiff in Manfredi's. It was determined that it was allowed as the dog was wearing a collared dress shirt, pressed kaki chinos and a beautiful pair of Italian leather loafers.

Discuss... 😗

They had to send the dog back to the stateroom when it first showed up wearing flip-flops. And not the brands Jim and I like, either...

It was horrible, almost as traumatic as the great Hawaiian Shirt Incident of 2019.

Edited by longterm
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jim Avery said:

Cheap flip flops are just tacky...😳

Yeah, just don't show that level of sophistication, of, say, OluKai or Oofos.

I bring 5 pairs--dress black, casual, lounge flip-flops, excursion flip-flops for long walks, because they're so great for walking long distances, and of course the orange pair for Partay Night.

• Like 1