Glory- Any Questions

sparks1093

We're heading out on Glory this coming Sunday (yay!) and as I normally do I start a post so if anyone has any questions about Glory they can ask them and I can try to find the answer onboard (and included in this any questions about the port of New Orleans). This will be our second time on Glory so it will see like a long lost friend. I will try to come back to this thread to answer any questions and will try to work the answers into my review as well.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Have fun!  We'll be on her in August!

How are you getting to the port?

We're flying in the day before (and flying back the day after). As I understand it there is a festival going on in the French Quarter this weekend, so we'll wait to go there until after the cruise.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

We're flying in the day before (and flying back the day after). As I understand it there is a festival going on in the French Quarter this weekend, so we'll wait to go there until after the cruise.

It will be crowded but I would say don't skip FQ fest. It's one of the best festivals in the city and it's free! You can try most of the best restaurants in the city at one time. No better experience than festival season in NOLA. WAY less crazy than Mardi Gras.

• Like 2

I've been on both Valor and Glory out of New Orleans in the past, and will be on Glory again this Thanksgiving.

Supposedly Glory is one of the ships that's already been converted to Starllink internet service..... I'd love to hear about your experience with that.  Maybe see if you can run a speed test while you're at sea.

Edited by groundloop

22 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I've been on both Valor and Glory out of New Orleans in the past, and will be on Glory again this Thanksgiving.

Supposedly Glory is one of the ships that's already been converted to Starllink internet service..... I'd love to hear about your experience with that.  Maybe see if you can run a speed test while you're at sea.

We'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

I didn't know about Starlink, good to know, I got internet plan to keep in touch.  I'll be onboard with Sparks1093.  Will be my 2nd time on Glory as well, happy about this, being my first solo cruise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 9:43 AM, Harley167 said:

We are going to be on Glory on 5/14 ! Have fun! Interested in dining room menus....

They are still using the menus that you download to your phone. I will have to see if I can send them to my computer so I can post them here.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:56 AM, starstruck05 said:

It will be crowded but I would say don't skip FQ fest. It's one of the best festivals in the city and it's free! You can try most of the best restaurants in the city at one time. No better experience than festival season in NOLA. WAY less crazy than Mardi Gras.

We were too tired from the trip down to do much of anything on the day of arrival. Thank goodness for GrubHub. We did make it down to the French Quarter the day we debarked and had a great lunch at Oceana after which we walked down to French Market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2023 at 12:46 PM, groundloop said:

My son ran a test and it was .5 MPBS both up and down, not sure how that compares to before (we had the middle option plan). DW is the main user of WIFI and she was able to upload photos to FacePlace that she wasn't able to upload previously so that is a noted improvement.