Posting of Spring TA 2023 Starlink internet speed

Ex-Airbalancer

From the conversation, I assume anyone at 1mb or lower is on basic, and anyone getting a higher speed is on premium.  I guess they know that 1mb is good enough for web and email traffic, and lock it down there.

I will have it because I do need to keep in touch with my work, but these prices are outrageous for what you are getting.

On 4/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, odyssyus said:

Not a lot of value (ie revenue) broadcasting internet into an empty ocean... this includes Starlink.

There isn't a lot of value in many aspects of cruising, could charge an a la carte price for all food items, by the OZ at the buffet, for pool loungers, etc...

Internet is important many reasons but two big ones are cruise lines chief competitor are land resorts which have fast reliable wifi and crew welfare who may only have a short break and want to connect with their loved ones back home

We just disembarked the Silhouette TA and had only Basic Wifi. I was able to do almost everything I wanted - upload pictures, watch videos, listen to streaming radio. I didn't try to watch YouTube but did watch a lot of reels on Insta.

Wifi was dramatically better in the centre of the ship than in the cabin. And just as good in the middle of the ocean as close to shore.