Paid Dep Onboard Using Free Nights When Website Down - Free Nights Still Not Applied - Anyone Else Same Situation?

SeaDayLvr

Hi,

We were on the 3/18 sailing on the Onward.   We worked with the onboard cruise sales person booking a cruise using our 4 free nights.  This was when the website/transition happened.  The sales person tried multiple times to get Miami (shoreside office) to book the cruise for us applying our four free nights.  Miami said they couldn't because of the website transition.  Miami said to take our deposit and they would work it out later.  I have the emails from the onboard sales associate and Miami.  Here we sit weeks later and nothing has happened.  I have emailed loyalty and submitted the online Azamara contact us form.  No response.  I tried calling last week but phones were down.  Currently on hold now, 2 hours so far.  We were told we only had 30 days to get the free nights applied and transfer to our travel agent.  We are running out of time.  Anyone else in the same situation?  Advice?

Well, is this cruise imminent? We are in the process of booking a cruise for December’24 and trying to use our 4 free nights as well (without success at this time because of loyalty status confusion). Our TA says that once that is straightened out, we will be able to rebook. So perhaps you could go ahead and transfer the booking to your TA and let them work on it?

44 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Well, is this cruise imminent? We are in the process of booking a cruise for December’24 and trying to use our 4 free nights as well (without success at this time because of loyalty status confusion). Our TA says that once that is straightened out, we will be able to rebook. So perhaps you could go ahead and transfer the booking to your TA and let them work on it?

This is December 2024 also.  Issue is we already paid the $550 deposit when we were onboard.  We were told we only had 30 days to apply the free nights.  

7 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

Waiting until website sorted so that we can use our free nights. In meantime booked Celebrity Infinity instead

Our loyalty level is correct but points are not, we are missing about 80.  What a mess

3 minutes ago, SeaDayLvr said:

Our loyalty level is correct but points are not, we are missing about 80.  What a mess

My loyalty level and points are both incorrect. Where did you get the information about applying the free nights within 30 days? I believe that when you move up a loyalty level, you have a year to book a cruise using those nights. My TA told me that I would be able to rebook once they recognize my new loyalty level 

3 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

My loyalty level and points are both incorrect. Where did you get the information about applying the free nights within 30 days? I believe that when you move up a loyalty level, you have a year to book a cruise using those nights. My TA told me that I would be able to rebook once they recognize my new loyalty level 

We were already at Discover level when we booked onboard 3/18.  We have until November to use the free nights.  We have 30 days to apply the free nights to this cruise we booked onboard, we were told by the onboard sales associate after 30 days we cannot apply the nights (but can to another cruise).  We have the pricing with the 4 nights applied, and all the info from the onboard sales associate, but Miami has to apply it, the onboard associate could not because the website was down.  I guess worse case we have paid a deposit for a cruise, and we do have the opportunity to move it to another cruise for one time free with no penalty.

41 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

My level and points are both incorrect when I log in using my iPhone, but correct when using the ipad or PC. Confusing. 

To the OP, I wouldn't be too concerned about the 30 day rule. You have much evidence that you have tried and I am sure that Azamara will not hold you to that once they know what has gone on. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

To the OP, I wouldn't be too concerned about the 30 day rule. You have much evidence that you have tried and I am sure that Azamara will not hold you to that once they know what has gone on. 

This☝️ - plus you could email them with your instruction to apply the free nights to your booking.  If they fail to do that in time you can show that you told them to do it within the time limit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

This☝️ - plus you could email them with your instruction to apply the free nights to your booking.  If they fail to do that in time you can show that you told them to do it within the time limit.

I emailed the loyalty department as well as submitting the contact us form on Azamara last Friday.  I attached all documentation and internal emails that the sales associate onboard gave me.  Good point, it's all documented that I have tried, so even if after 30 days they should do it.  4 hours on hold now....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My level and points are both incorrect when I log in using my iPhone, but correct when using the ipad or PC. Confusing. 

Phil 

My TA actually spoke with Azamara (after trying for 3 days) and they had me at Explorer. When I look, I’m at Discoverer Plus with 2500 points!

• Like 1