So JLo is now a no-show!

CruisinShips

Leaving this Friday (4/14) for that JLo Limitless sailing that we didn’t know about when we booked. 

Just got this email from VV…can’t say I’m too disappointed lol. 

Ahoy,

We are thrilled to have you on board with us as we set sail on The Limitless Voyage this week. We love the ethos of being limitless — the belief in yourself and everything you can achieve. Our special programming - featuring 14 inspiring speakers, epic one-off entertainment acts, and new well-being experiences - will make this an incredibly special sailing. You’re also stepping on board the brand that was the first ever to win every category in its class at the Cruise Critic Cruisers' Choice Awards - Best Overall, Service, Dining, Cabins, and Value.

We were looking forward to welcoming Jennifer Lopez on board to say a quick bon voyage, but, unfortunately, she won’t be able to join us given some schedule changes. She sends her love to everyone, and we’re planning a future date together. Jennifer helped create all the special moments across this voyage, and she’s deeply proud of the whole experience and the entire program is ready for you. In fact, read on because we have even more in store for you.

Richard Branson will be there with some other special friends to kick off the voyage. Richard also wants to make sure you have the vacation of your dreams, so he’s organized an incredible sail away spectacular for you. Just before departure, we’re inviting all Sailors to join us on the top deck for a Virgin Voyages Celebration Drone Spectacular. You really won’t want to miss it, and you’ll have an unbeatable view aboard Scarlet Lady as the Miami sky lights up just for you.

To make the voyage and the memory of it even better, we have a few other gifts from Jennifer and Richard for you:

We are automatically applying $100 onboard credit to every cabin so you can treat yourself to something special from us. (Please note that this credit will become visible and available for use only once you are onboard.)
 From Jennifer, there will be complimentary tasters of her new natural Delola Spritz Crafted Cocktail as one of the drinks at the Sail Away Party.
 Lastly, there will be a custom gift from Jennifer coming your way post voyage as well — so we’ll share news on that later.

Of course, if you have any questions about your booking based on the information above, please contact our Sailor Services team to help get you sorted. We can’t wait to see you this Friday for this first-ever, one-of-a-kind voyage — it’s going to be absolutely amazing. You'll be so happy you got on board with us.

Sea you soon!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

That’s a win! Was she going to perform?

I understood that she would show up, wish everyone a good trip, and get off the ship....Probably have quality time with Richard and Tom before saying Bon Voyage to cruisers.

• Like 1

For the women this is focused on i'm sure the initial "send-off" will be felt, but at least there are many amazing other speakers and it will still be a curated and inspiring voyage. 

As many have already said, the $100 will also be welcomed by all on board. 

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Didn't passengers on this special voyage pay a premium to be on board? I have no interest at all in JLo, but I'm sure all of those who do, and looked forward to this are pretty angry...

JLo was never going to be on board for the sailing, and that was clear from the beginning.  She was just going to show up for a "BonVoyage" event prior to departure.  There are a series of conferences during the cruise that she supposedly had a hand in organizing.  Anyone who really thought they would get more than a glimpse across a large deck didn't read the fine print.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, sid_9169 said:

Didn't passengers on this special voyage pay a premium to be on board? I have no interest at all in JLo, but I'm sure all of those who do, and looked forward to this are pretty angry...

Nope, they paid a premium to participate in a series of TED style talks from an incredible lineup of women leaders from throughout the business landscape. JLo was only supposed to make some brief remarks at sail away.

• Like 1