Please describe a Superior Oceanview on the Sovereign

NOt sure if this will help, but here's a link to a similar thread I started. It gives some useful information. I was actually asking about the difference in two cabins...but it should give you the information you need. Hope it help. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=311918

Also, here's a link to a thread with photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=311638

They are not as large as you might think. The bathroom is bigger, because it has a tub instead of a shower. They do have a large window, but ours was under the bed, which meant climbing on furniture to see out! They are bigger than a standard OV, but not large by any means. When one person was dressing, the other had to sit down to be out of the way! Oh--not much storage for luggage, either.

We had a surperior OV last month-no tubs but an extra large shower-size of a tub and large bathroom. It is approx 30ft larger than a standard OV. There was no sofa but we had them pull our beds apart. We could use the bed as a sofa during the day plus it gave us so much more room. For the first time, I purchased an over the door shoe hanger that is recommended by CC. It helped a lot. We did fine with the room and glad we paid the extra money for a superior. I think the picture in the catalog is of a JS but not sure. It did not look like our room.

Hi

We were on the Sovereign in October 2005, 9th deck room 9548. The room was larger than that of our friends who were on the 3rd deck. Also, our room only had a shower, no tub and no sofa. The twin beds were pushed together to make a queen and we had the standard desk and chair. Also, when looking out the window, we could see the lifeboats below. Did not obstruct our view, but I believe all the room on the 9th deck have the same situation. Hope this helps.

I guess there could be different cabin styles on 9. However, I , too, saw that picture and my cabin was nothing like it or like the oceanview picture. My cabin definitely did not have a couch. In talking to other people with reg OV, our shower was much bigger than theirs but had the attacking shower curtains as did theirs... That is why I think the picture is of a JS

Come to think of it, it did show a picture of a couch also. Oh well. Since it's my first cruise, I have nothing to compare it too, and also WHO CARES???? I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!! LOL They can put me on a cot for all I care. :D

You can see your actual stateroom on cruisestateroom.com. I haven't visited the website for a while, but I think it's still there.

As I was skimming through the posts on this thread, I saw someone mention the window above the bed. I like the bed arrangement better on Celebrity, at least the ones we've sailed--Summit and Galaxy. The bed is in the middle of the room on the side wall with the loveseat/coffee table on the far side of it. The window is unobstructed. You can sit on the loveseat or stand and look out the window instead of kneeling on the bed. Also the showers were twice the size of the Voyager-class ships we sailed.

Haven't been on Jewel or any other Radiance-class ship yet, but everyone seems to rave about the beauty of the Jewel. June can't come fast enough for me.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

Our cabin steward suggested he move the beds apart. We have been married for over 35 years so no problem to sleep apart. This gave us so much more room and we could stand in front of the window and look out. When the beds were together, it would have caused some climbing over each other to get up in the middle of the night. The desk mirror with make up lighting was wonderful.

Is there a mini fridge in a SOV?

No but there is a permanent lock box that you can use as a safe in the closet. A lot of cabins did not have that. After sailing on new mega ships, we were very disappointed when we first saw our room, even tho I knew it would be small. However, we adjusted and the room was fine. The big bathroom was a real plus! One of our ships had such a small bathroom that you could not turn around without hitting something. If this is your first cruise, you will love it. there is nothing to ocmpare to a first cruise and seeing the ship for the first time.

Appreciate the information. The photos of the Sovereign, online, are often of the ship before the refurbishment & the cabins look different than the newer RCI photos. My computer doesn't do the virtual tour on RCI's website, so I've only seen partial photos. We'll be on soon and are looking foward to the RCI experience.

Archived