Size Difference - D1 & E1?

I know that the E1 (Deluxe Oceanview) is 179 sf, with a 41' balcony and the D1 (Superior Oceanview) is 240 sf, also with a 41' balcony. The RCCL site uses the same photo/diagram for both rooms. We are booked in an E1 on deck seven right now.

My question is: where is space difference? Is it a smaller bathroom (God forbid!), one less closet (:eek: ) or just a shorter room? I just can't seem to determine the difference...and if I should think about an "upgrade" to the D1.

Thanks!

Hi Bill: You will be fine in the E1 there is plenty of storage space and room to move around in the cabin. Unless the price difference is not that much I would stick with your E1. I know that the prices have started to go up on our cruise....Hope this helps, now if you were asking about a JS there is quite a bit of difference. The closet is huge and the bathroom is bigger too. You are also paying for location, location, location with a D1..See you back on the roll call boards...Jill:cool:

My DH/partner is more concerned with the size of the bathroom. It's just two of us, so the cabin size should not be a problem. We saw some cool photos of a D1 cabin...and the bathroom...and he wants to know if the one in our E1 is comparable. Bottom line: he was afraid to ask...so I did. ;)

Hey, Jill. Just left you a message on our Roll Call board. :)

We had an E1 on the Voyager last year for 3 people. There was a "loveseat" and the extra sleeping area was a pulldown from over the bed. This year we have a D1 on the Explorer which I believe has a "sofabed" that pulls out to sleep on. Hence, the extra sq. ft. I think the bathrooms are the same size.

We just stayed in an E cabin and my husband says he could tell that the bathroom was a little smaller than our usual D cabin. I couldn't tell any difference. They are BOTH small! If you are on Brilliance (I think),at least you will have a plastic door instead of the dreaded shower curtain!

We just stayed in an E cabin and my husband says he could tell that the bathroom was a little smaller than our usual D cabin. I couldn't tell any difference. They are BOTH small! If you are on Brilliance (I think),at least you will have a plastic door instead of the dreaded shower curtain!

UGH! I think I would prefer less room in the cabin than in the bathroom. :rolleyes:

I don't think there's a shower door on the Radiance, though. Just the curtain.

I was in the E1 on the ROS a couple of years ago and wondered the same thing. We met up with some people from the boards and toured all the different rooms from an inside on deck 2 to the royal suite.

The difference between the E1 (204 sqft) and D1 (179 sqft) in the width of the sofa. In a D1 it is love seat size and in an E1 it is couch sized. This creates a longer room. The difference was hardly noticeable. The only reason I did it was in case we got upgraded, I thought we might get a junior suite; didn't happen. Suggest you take the difference in fare and go to Chops or the spa.

BTW the bathrooms and storage is exactly the same.

Bob

I know that the E1 (Deluxe Oceanview) is 179 sf, with a 41' balcony and the D1 (Superior Oceanview) is 240 sf, also with a 41' balcony. The RCCL site uses the same photo/diagram for both rooms. We are booked in an E1 on deck seven right now.

My question is: where is space difference? Is it a smaller bathroom (God forbid!), one less closet (:eek: ) or just a shorter room? I just can't seem to determine the difference...and if I should think about an "upgrade" to the D1.

Thanks!

It's the red reason. :)

(and we've done three full-sized people in an E three times and it was GREAT)

Guest cruzr44

Thanks!

We have had both and for the small difference in price/size I would pick by location.

Usually it's the length and the location...I never noticed the difference...but there must be. I hate that they use the same photos for all...sometimes you can find your room photographed on different sites, just gotta search.

Usually it's the length and the location...I never noticed the difference...but there must be. I hate that they use the same photos for all...sometimes you can find your room photographed on different sites, just gotta search.

Thanks, Rev. I'm not sure why they use the same photo...but it sure help anal-retentive folks like me. :( I have tried to find some photos of the interior of the rooms, but no luck so far...beyond the photos of the D1 room that prompted this thread.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Guest cruzr44

This is a D

I thought I had pics of an E, it is pretty much identical except instead of a couch it is a loveseat. If I remember correctly, one set of drawers at the vanity may be narrower.

http://image28.webshots.com/28/0/91/14/234909114wuUTff_ph.jpg

http://image22.webshots.com/22/0/96/33/234909633SmEVZN_ph.jpg

http://image32.webshots.com/33/1/5/63/234910563vEWNxL_ph.jpg

So do all E1 triples have a pull-out berth or do some have a sleeper in the loveseat? I just booked an E1 triple and was hoping to avoid a berth since I'll be the one sleeping in it! I'll be in 6554 on the Mariner, if that helps anyone answer my question. . . (praying that I don't have to sleep in a berth for the first time in 15 years ) . . .

Have had both size cabins--agree with others that the only difference is the length. However, make sure you don't get a connecting room because then you only have a chair and not the love seat. We had an E connecting between my sister and bil's room--rarely used and just ended up being a space waster.

Even though the E1 was not a senior's discount we just went down to the E1 on our cruise on the Mariner because we were able to get cabin aft 7388. The balcony size meant more to us than the sofa bed instead of the pull down bed. Everyone at RCCL was trying to talk me out of it but we spend a lot of time on our balcony and this year there are five family members travelling with us and the other ones have an inside room. I did have to pay the difference though since this cabin is not discounted but for the differnce am I going to give up the aft balcony and regret it. I don't think so.

Have had both size cabins--agree with others that the only difference is the length. However, make sure you don't get a connecting room because then you only have a chair and not the love seat. We had an E connecting between my sister and bil's room--rarely used and just ended up being a space waster.

Thanks, Jules. According to the floor plan of deck seven, our cabin is not a connecting one. (I glad of that!) Should be fine. Appreciate the information.

So do all E1 triples have a pull-out berth or do some have a sleeper in the loveseat? I just booked an E1 triple and was hoping to avoid a berth since I'll be the one sleeping in it! I'll be in 6554 on the Mariner, if that helps anyone answer my question. . . (praying that I don't have to sleep in a berth for the first time in 15 years ) . . .

I don't know about the pull out berth. I thought the sofa made into a bed. Guess it won't matter for us...there's just two of us and we'll use the bed. The loveseat will only be used for sleeping if I really make him mad! :o

Archived