Trieste & Muggia Excursion

Pptarmigan

Curious if anyone has done the Trieste & Muggia excursion on arrival day that includes the transfer to the airport.  We currently have an early morning flight and the NCL transfer booked, but thinking about changing to a later flight to give us more time.  Wondering if this excursion is worth it as something to do before heading to the airport.  Thanks!

I can’t answer your question…. But just wanted to drop in that my mind read that second part as “Muggle Excursion.”   New partnership with Harry Potter?  Sweet!!  😁

• Haha 1

I haven't done the excursion, but have stayed in Trieste and visited Muggia by boat.

If you haven't spent any time in Trieste prior to the cruise, then it's definitely worth a look; Muggia is tiny but we enjoyed our brief time there.

Airport transfer tours tend towards 'bus tours' - if you don't want to be adding hours in a bus to presumably a long transfer to Venice Airport, check the itinerary carefully.

Trieste, unlike many Italian cities, doesn't get a huge influx of foreign tourists but has a long history and a pleasant vibe. It's quite small so you can see the main sights quickly; and has a nice mix of Italian, Austro-Hungarian and Slovenian influences, making it appreciably different to anywhere else in Italy.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. I’m usually wary of ship excursions as I don’t just want to be on a bus. May just see if the bus terminal has luggage storage, do Trieste on our own, and then catch the flixbus to the airport. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm also disembarking in Trieste next May.

Anyone have done this excursion  Trieste & Muggia with transfer to airport ?

Or did NCL offer a transfer from Trieste to Venice (directly in town) or only to Venice airport.

And if they did what was the price for these transfer ?

Thank you if you can help me.

• 5 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 8:58 PM, Pptarmigan said:

Curious if anyone has done the Trieste & Muggia excursion on arrival day that includes the transfer to the airport.  We currently have an early morning flight and the NCL transfer booked, but thinking about changing to a later flight to give us more time.  Wondering if this excursion is worth it as something to do before heading to the airport.  Thanks!

I’m booked on an NCL cruise arriving j to Trieste next year. Would you be able to tell me what NCL charge for the disembarkation day transfer to VCE Venice Marco Polo airport?

31 minutes ago, Lobbylin said:

I’m booked on an NCL cruise arriving j to Trieste next year. Would you be able to tell me what NCL charge for the disembarkation day transfer to VCE Venice Marco Polo airport?

We wound up not doing the transfer as we were able to leave the cruise a day early and just spent the night in Venice. That said, I think the price was $50/person.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to you both for replying- I can’t decide on the ease of using the ship’s transfer to get to the airport hassle free, or whether to spend two nights in Trieste, then make our own way on the Flipbus to the airport… not interested in seeing Venice as we’ve been there 3 times before (nice, but overrated and overpriced in my opinion)

thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, as we are on the pearl in late august/early september, when do they release the shore excursions/transfers to airport in Trieste.  I've seen photos of the excursions list from NCL but nothing on our booking is shown.

3 hours ago, sbnuggie said:

Out of curiosity, as we are on the pearl in late august/early september, when do they release the shore excursions/transfers to airport in Trieste.  I've seen photos of the excursions list from NCL but nothing on our booking is shown.

We are on the Pearl in June, when we booked the cruise there was an excursion to the Marco Polo Airport that included a visit to the island of Burano. A week or so later when we wanted to book it had disappeared. A phone call to NCL and we were told it was fully booked. We just keep looking now in the hope there may be cancellations. I would imagine this is what has happened to your transfers.

7 hours ago, sbnuggie said:

Usually debarkation tours are posted around 50 days before the cruise. Hving said that I just saw a PuertoRico debarkation tour posted for my cruise 600+ days away. 😄 

10 hours ago, cassie55 said:

I've just booked this for our Pearl cruise in May.  Mainly because our flight isn't until 17.10 and it uses up some time. 

Do you recall when it showed up and available for booking?

Loooks like another poster said it was sold out already for her june cruise

6 hours ago, sbnuggie said:

Do you recall when it showed up and available for booking?

Loooks like another poster said it was sold out already for her june cruise

Sorry I don't know.  I was looking at private transfers (which we usually do but because of the distance are expensive this time) and only last week decided maybe an NCL one would save us money. I was going to book just the transfer which was £40 ish each but then decided as our flight is so late this saves 7 hours at the airport