Choice teas

jay888

Hi, it has been years since I sailed with NCL. Does anyone know what teas are available at the buffet.  Do they have lemon and ginger or Earl Grey. Plus, I have never like the coffee they served at the buffet unless it has changed over the years, can you order a decent cup of coffee  and pay extra. Thank you for any information it will be very helpful 

3 hours ago, jay888 said:

Hi, it has been years since I sailed with NCL. Does anyone know what teas are available at the buffet.  Do they have lemon and ginger or Earl Grey. Plus, I have never like the coffee they served at the buffet unless it has changed over the years, can you order a decent cup of coffee  and pay extra. Thank you for any information it will be very helpful 

Earl Gray is usually available in the buffet.  Lemon tea is often available.  However, Ginger tea generally is not (or perhaps it just disappears very quickly).

You may order Starbucks coffee and pay extra.  OR,  If you have the Premium Plus drink package, Starbucks is included. Alternately you can pre-purchase a STARBUCKS drink package or order using a Starbucks APP pre-loaded to your phone.

19 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Earl Gray is usually available in the buffet.  Lemon tea is often available.  However, Ginger tea generally is not (or perhaps it just disappears very quickly).

You may order Starbucks coffee and pay extra.  OR,  If you have the Premium Plus drink package, Starbucks is included. Alternately you can pre-purchase a STARBUCKS drink package or order using a Starbucks APP pre-loaded to your phone.

So I can use my Starbucks card, I will just top it up, thank you 

9 minutes ago, jay888 said:

So I can use my Starbucks card, I will just top it up, thank you 

I was told to use the "App" on a previous cruise, however, I don't use my phone onboard. We had the PP+ drink package recently, and Starbucks is included. Therefore, I can not say if your card will usable.

I have a similar answer to others, but also a different answer. 

At the buffet, the following choices were available (or not):

In September, we cruised on Getaway, out of NYC:, there were four selections of tea at the buffet: Lipton black, an Earl Grey, Lemon Zinger, and an Orange Spice. All but the Lipton black ran out by day six of a nine day cruise.

In Dec/January we cruised on Getaway, out of NYC: the only option was Lipton black. There were no herbal teas, except for a selection in the thermal suite. 

In March, we cruised on Joy, out of Miami: we had availability of Lipton black, Earl Grey, Lemon Zinger, and Orange Spice the entire cruise. They never ran out. 

If you're sailing in the Haven, you'll also have the option of Tea Forte - Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Chamomile, and a Jasmine Green Tea. These choices never ran out on any of our cruises.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I have a similar answer to others, but also a different answer. 

At the buffet, the following choices were available (or not):

In September, we cruised on Getaway, out of NYC:, there were four selections of tea at the buffet: Lipton black, an Earl Grey, Lemon Zinger, and an Orange Spice. All but the Lipton black ran out by day six of a nine day cruise.

In Dec/January we cruised on Getaway, out of NYC: the only option was Lipton black. There were no herbal teas, except for a selection in the thermal suite. 

In March, we cruised on Joy, out of Miami: we had availability of Lipton black, Earl Grey, Lemon Zinger, and Orange Spice the entire cruise. They never ran out. 

If you're sailing in the Haven, you'll also have the option of Tea Forte - Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Chamomile, and a Jasmine Green Tea. These choices never ran out on any of our cruises.

Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful.  I am traveling on the Star and not in  the Haven, so I will wait and see what is available and I really don’t mind paying for a decent cup of coffee. There is no point in me upgrading to P.P as I do not drink much alcohol and the coffee package would not be a benefit as  of my husband, does not drink a lot of coffee .