Any Bids for Upgrade been accepted?

RBrowny

1 hour ago, RBrowny said:

I've just checked my banking and have nothing pending, so assuming still nothing. I think you'll get notified in the coming days - well done!

I rebid this morning (£200 less than my original bid) in fear of FOMO.

I just had a congrats email for upgrade to YC.

This is 4 days to sailing.

Edited by ExeCuteUK

Just now, ExeCuteUK said:

I rebid this morning in fear of FOMO.

I just had a congrats email for upgrade to YC.

This is 4 days to sailing.

Starting to get agitated now, I might add an extra £10 on per person, what's your thoughts?

Just now, RBrowny said:

Starting to get agitated now, I might add an extra £10 on per person, what's your thoughts?

It seems they dont accept offers on emptier ships until 3-5 days before sailing.

id stick with ur comfy spot and hold fire till the end.

44 minutes ago, ExeCuteUK said:

It seems they dont accept offers on emptier ships until 3-5 days before sailing.

id stick with ur comfy spot and hold fire till the end.

I think we're on a busy one, next week on the World Europa. So I imagine it will be very busy

9 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

We had an offer to upgrade to a yacht club interior cabin but when I look online there are no yacht club interior cabins available. Why would they offer that if it is not available?

Because people in yc interiors might upgrade their cabin :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:13 PM, jame_g said:

We were only notified by email 3 days prior to the cruise, they billed the credit card immediately. Ours was not a cheap upgrade because the cruise was almost entirely booked. It was pretty close to the price for YC if we had booked it to begin with.

We never got the correct updated paperwork despite calling about it when we saw our "upgraded" paperwork still had us in our original room. We were told it would be handled at the port when we checked in. It wasn't. They knew nothing about it in the port, at customer service on the ship, or in the Yacht club on shore and on the ship. We were given our original room on board and literally treated like we were scammers when we tried to get it corrected, accused of making fake receipts and emails when we showed them the email confirmation and copy of the credit card transaction. It appears that this happened to several other people on our cruise (those who would have been upgraded into the couple YC suites still available and the chain of upgrades that leads to), and that it had been happening for several months prior to our cruise based on what staff told us (and seeing a couple older posts here), yet nothing had been implemented to try to address this on-going issue.

Your post actually made me worried. We are due to embark Seascape this Sunday; there are 4 of us in two cabins. We initially booked deluxe balcony cabins almost next to each other and then decided to bid on YC inside cabins. We placed exactly the same minimum bid on both cabins a couple of months ago, and since we haven't heard anything back till this week we assumed neither bid was accepted and we are staying where we booked originally. 

On Tue this week, so 5 days till embarkation, myself and my husband got an email that our offer was accepted, however as this was the last of the interior cabins in YC, our friends could not be upgraded. There was a bit of a scramble between the 4 of us on what to do next, eventually, our friends changed their bid to the YC balcony and were accepted pretty much instantly. 

We've received a new confirmation letter, which shows YC cabin, but the experience is a total mix i.e. it says Fantastica and right next to it, Yacht Club. The dining option shows nothing and should be Your time dining. When I check the app, it shows Yacht Club, but the old cabin number. Experience also shows as both, Fantastica and Yacht Club. Similar mess when I log in to their website. 

We rang MSC twice now to confirm the booking and each time they said we are 100% booked in Yacht Club now and they can't understand why there is such a mix of information in the documents, app and on the website.

I just hope we will avoid similar issues to yours on Sunday 

9 minutes ago, JoLoca2208 said:

Your post actually made me worried. We are due to embark Seascape this Sunday; there are 4 of us in two cabins. We initially booked deluxe balcony cabins almost next to each other and then decided to bid on YC inside cabins. We placed exactly the same minimum bid on both cabins a couple of months ago, and since we haven't heard anything back till this week we assumed neither bid was accepted and we are staying where we booked originally. 

On Tue this week, so 5 days till embarkation, myself and my husband got an email that our offer was accepted, however as this was the last of the interior cabins in YC, our friends could not be upgraded. There was a bit of a scramble between the 4 of us on what to do next, eventually, our friends changed their bid to the YC balcony and were accepted pretty much instantly. 

We've received a new confirmation letter, which shows YC cabin, but the experience is a total mix i.e. it says Fantastica and right next to it, Yacht Club. The dining option shows nothing and should be Your time dining. When I check the app, it shows Yacht Club, but the old cabin number. Experience also shows as both, Fantastica and Yacht Club. Similar mess when I log in to their website. 

We rang MSC twice now to confirm the booking and each time they said we are 100% booked in Yacht Club now and they can't understand why there is such a mix of information in the documents, app and on the website.

I just hope we will avoid similar issues to yours on Sunday 

We sail Sunday. Offer accepted yesterday to YC.

Online booking info showed YC Room on the ticket but no experience.

I emailed MSC support clearly explaining with a screen snip asking them to update it. And today I see they have added the YC Benefits part on the right under experiences.

The only thing they didnt change is highlighted in yellow on my attachment on here which says Bella Experience. Ive sent another mail seeing if that needs to change but doubt it.

Send emails and get it in writing.

screenshot.jpg

32 minutes ago, ExeCuteUK said:

We sail Sunday. Offer accepted yesterday to YC.

Online booking info showed YC Room on the ticket but no experience.

I emailed MSC support clearly explaining with a screen snip asking them to update it. And today I see they have added the YC Benefits part on the right under experiences.

The only thing they didnt change is highlighted in yellow on my attachment on here which says Bella Experience. Ive sent another mail seeing if that needs to change but doubt it.

Send emails and get it in writing.

screenshot.jpg

I see you have a similar issue. Did you receive a new booking confirmation letter or ticket? We did and it's also a mix. It appears we are keeping our original Fantastica experience plus Yacht Club benefits. I don't mind that as long as they recognise us as Yacht Club guests on Sunday. 

BTW our friend's documents and website info look correct, no mention of an old cabin or Fantastica. So odd

Edited by JoLoca2208

2 hours ago, JoLoca2208 said:

We've received a new confirmation letter, which shows YC cabin...

If your booking/boarding pass information shows the YC, then you should be good. The experience can be an inconvenience, we had that problem after they switched us. Inside the YC it won't make a difference because they don't scan your card for anything once you're in the YC. Outside, it would impact your ability to access the YC drink package, and possibly the thermal suite. It took them another day to correct that for us after we finally got moved to the YC. Sounds like you've already gotten that resolved. Like I said, MSC made it right for us eventually, and we've booked other YC cruises as a result. Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ExeCuteUK said:

Ah OK. Hope you have a lovely trip!

I just had an upgrade email offer through to upgrade my upgrade lol.

Silly money!

Thank you, really appreciate it. Can't wait for some cocktails, and sun, mixed with some lovely food!

Yeah, some are crazy money 

Here's my upgrade story.  I was in a YC interior on the 5/12 Europa sailing out of Barcelona.  I booked it way in advance and paid an insanely low $1,856 all-in as a single.  I bid the lowest upgrade price possible ("weak" on the offer gauge) for a YC deluxe suite which was $550 per person, $1,100 total (singles are charged double).  My bid was accepted today at 14 days out.

This tells me there's no rhyme or reason to the upgrade process.  I've been watching and there have been 4 YC1's left to sell for a couple of weeks now. That means YC1's are close to sold out; at least on the Barcelona><Barcelona portion of the round robin.  Right now, the only cabins available on the entire ship are my old YIN, 4 YC1's, and 1 YC4.  I'm guessing a YC1 was upgraded to a higher YC category which is why there are 4 YC1's still left after my upgrade.  

There have to be people in Aurea balconies and suites, heck even regular balconies, that booked after I did that paid multiples more than what I paid.  And I'm sure plenty of them bid on YC upgrades at far more than my $550 per person.  So me getting upgraded ahead of others who paid more originally and offered more to upgrade makes no sense.  I'm happy my upgrade went through, especially because YINs on Europa are the size of closets, but it's odd that it did and makes you question the upgrade logic.  

1 hour ago, B_A_H said:

Here's my upgrade story.  I was in a YC interior on the 5/12 Europa sailing out of Barcelona.  I booked it way in advance and paid an insanely low $1,856 all-in as a single.  I bid the lowest upgrade price possible ("weak" on the offer gauge) for a YC deluxe suite which was $550 per person, $1,100 total (singles are charged double).  My bid was accepted today at 14 days out.

This tells me there's no rhyme or reason to the upgrade process.  I've been watching and there have been 4 YC1's left to sell for a couple of weeks now. That means YC1's are close to sold out; at least on the Barcelona><Barcelona portion of the round robin.  Right now, the only cabins available on the entire ship are my old YIN, 4 YC1's, and 1 YC4.  I'm guessing a YC1 was upgraded to a higher YC category which is why there are 4 YC1's still left after my upgrade.  

There have to be people in Aurea balconies and suites, heck even regular balconies, that booked after I did that paid multiples more than what I paid.  And I'm sure plenty of them bid on YC upgrades at far more than my $550 per person.  So me getting upgraded ahead of others who paid more originally and offered more to upgrade makes no sense.  I'm happy my upgrade went through, especially because YINs on Europa are the size of closets, but it's odd that it did and makes you question the upgrade logic.  

By that logic, ours hasn't been accepted if we sail in fewer days than you. Maybe it's the YC they want to make the money off, as ours just a better room. Shame really as we are sailing next friday from Bareclona on the Europa.

I really like MSC but sad to hear their bidding process is so screwed up.

I think most cruise lines are now doing bidding.

On Princess, they usually tell you 30 days in advance AND give you your new cabin number then !

3 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I really like MSC but sad to hear their bidding process is so screwed up.

I think most cruise lines are now doing bidding.

On Princess, they usually tell you 30 days in advance AND give you your new cabin number then !

Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate it's like this. I am not too upset, but would have been nice to have.

I was planning to try to bid for a balcony (from an ocean view) on the 14-day Norway/Baltics cruise on Fantasia. I kept watching it to see how much it was filling up. Good ol' Fantasia was getting her belly full pretty quick! I really wanted that balcony for Norway, and it looked like they were all going to be taken soon, so I decided to just pay the difference and upgrade, without waiting on a bid opportunity.

5 minutes ago, tscoffey said:

I was planning to try to bid for a balcony (from an ocean view) on the 14-day Norway/Baltics cruise on Fantasia. I kept watching it to see how much it was filling up. Good ol' Fantasia was getting her belly full pretty quick! I really wanted that balcony for Norway, and it looked like they were all going to be taken soon, so I decided to just pay the difference and upgrade, without waiting on a bid opportunity.

I think the rooms aren't even available, if I look it's Interior, Suite or Yacht Club - can't imagine there's any rooms left.