Docked or Tendered

bcaha

Prior to the pandemic we had a Greek cruise booked and several of the ports were listed as "tendered". I'm now looking at rebooking a similar cruise (probably Azamara) and all of the ports are listed as "docked". Have there been docks built or changes made in the past few years? Or are the websites not properly updated? At this time, I don't think I want to visit tendered ports. Thanks so much for any assistance!

Agree...what ports. We would need to be able compare apples to apples here to know.

Could the size of the ship be a factor...a bigger ship which can't dock in some ports to a smaller ship for your proposed cruise?

Some ports are just going to be tendered...its the way it is. I wouldn't pass up the wonders of Greece due to tendering.

Thank you... I wouldn't be passing up the wonders of Greece. I'd either do a cruise or non-cruise trip. I forgot that the question should really be port-specific, I'm sorry. The prime example would be Santorini. Is it "always" a tendered port? It's the Azamara Journey, the same ship I wanted to go on pre-pandemic. Thanks again.

26 minutes ago, bcaha said:

Thank you... I wouldn't be passing up the wonders of Greece. I'd either do a cruise or non-cruise trip. I forgot that the question should really be port-specific, I'm sorry. The prime example would be Santorini. Is it "always" a tendered port? It's the Azamara Journey, the same ship I wanted to go on pre-pandemic. Thanks again.

Yes.  Santorini is always a tender location.  It has no cruise ship docking facilities.

• Like 1

Curious about some of the other ports listed... are you able to tell me if these are tendered or docked? Agios Nikolaos Crete, Rhodes, Symi, Ephesus Kusadasi, and Mykonos. Thanks so much!!

30 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Vuisited Rhodes twice and docked both times, each time on smaller ships.  Have no idea if larger ones need to tender.

It is only  a short walk in to Rhodes Town.

I was on a larger ship (Mariner of the Seas) and docked in Rhodes.  Right beside one of the gates into Rhodes Town.