Which staterooms to choose

Hi,

My husband and I are taking are two teenage sons on the Explorer in December. We are trying to decide between two combinations. It's between a D-2 balcony with an M interior room right across, or an E-1 with an interior promenade stateroom right across. I know the E-1 is smaller than the D-2, and I'm not sure how much time the kids will spend in the stateroom. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Both are great options. You are probably right about them not being in the cabin much, though, so I would pick the cabin you and your husband liked more! My personal preference is mid-ship, the higher the floor the better! Unless of course it's an aft cabin.

Personally, I love the promenade staterooms. Not dark like an inside, nice view to people watch etc. Also I am NOT someone who sees the point in paying extra for a balcony. I spend so little time in the room I would rather put the money towards another cruise. But being that the promenade rooms are only about $30 more I think it is well worth it :)

Jen~

Going Platinum on May 7, on Adveture !!

What kind of sleepers are they? If being in a completely dark room will cause problems with getting them out of bed on port days, then the Promenade room might be better.

If that's not the case, then go for the cheapest or the combination that suits you and DH the most.

Enjoy!!

Hi,

My husband and I are taking are two teenage sons on the Explorer in December. We are trying to decide between two combinations. It's between a D-2 balcony with an M interior room right across, or an E-1 with an interior promenade stateroom right across. I know the E-1 is smaller than the D-2, and I'm not sure how much time the kids will spend in the stateroom. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I would go with the balcony across from the promenade view room. That way you have the best of both worlds.

Archived